Hawkesbury - Road Bridge

ando

Hi All,

I am considering trying the road bridge this friday night. I will be land based. Has anyone caught jew at this spot, being land based? If not, do u suggest any other land based spots in the area.

Cheers.

hey mate many years ago i use to fish the bridges from time to time land based but didn t find it to productive. never landing anything of reasonable size, the odd soapie, bream flattie or jew.

my two land based spots which i would recommend would be :

1 the area between the berowera ferry and the moorings on the boat ramp side.

2 if your up for a stroll you can walk down the trail to flint n steel point it can be productive at times fished correctly. not on the reef but adjacent to it depending on the tide.

mate beleive it or not they get big jews down there its an awesome land based spot.

was loading my boat up one night there and noticed some of my mates down there fishing. i hadn t caught much that evening on my boat so had big doubts about them catching anything. until i here one of the boys reels screaming what came up shocked the hell out of me a jew weighing 17kg.

we spent the next 3 nights in row there catching another 2 jews and 1 bull shark.

you need very big gear there as we lost a few on moorings poles, its also very good place for getting live mullet and if your lucky can get a couple of squid.

mate beleive it or not ive tried fishing there on my boat literally 20 metres from the the shore and never got a bite dont know if the boat spooked them or not.

just casting from the shore will get you in range but don t forget very heavy gear

Are you better off land based fishing in that area of the ferry or on a boat?

What are the best times to go down to catch a Jew?

7:38pm on a Thursday a week before the full moon on an outgoing tide :tease: