The Boat Show, Webster Twinfishers And Independent Outboards

inked

Had a great day at the show today, but was let down by the poor showing of the websters and the sales guys at independent outboards.

I specifically went to look at the webster 5.2 cuddy, and was pretty suprised to find that not only did they not have a 5.2 there, they didn't have a cuddy on display either. Never the less, I tried to obtain as much info as possible on what I thought would be my next boat only to find that the 2 guys from IO that I dealt with were flat out rude.

My wife cracked the shits and walked off, as did my brother. Considering the service we recieved from every other stand, these guys sucked arse bad. A real shame really , when we are looking to spend $40,000+ on a new boat.

It makes you wonder if thats as good as it gets, what the after sales service would be like.

Had a great day at the show today, but was let down by the poor showing of the websters and the sales guys at independent outboards.

I specifically went to look at the webster 5.2 cuddy, and was pretty suprised to find that not only did they not have a 5.2 there, they didn't have a cuddy on display either. Never the less, I tried to obtain as much info as possible on what I thought would be my next boat only to find that the 2 guys from IO that I dealt with were flat out rude.

My wife cracked the shits and walked off, as did my brother. Considering the service we recieved from every other stand, these guys sucked arse bad. A real shame really , when we are looking to spend $40,000+ on a new boat.

It makes you wonder if thats as good as it gets, what the after sales service would be like.

That sux, I didn't stop at the stand but had the same thing happen while looking at the "dream" boats on the water. If you’re not in your amarni suit your trash. The sales guy was too interested in telling us that the weather was ruining his $200 shoe's (poor him). He didn't want us on his boat and watched us like a hawk, (i did try and knock off the turbo diesel for my 16"er but didn’t have a hex key with me).

On the plus side the rest of the show was great, there are heaps of trailer boats and for me the new Signature 580F would be my choice.

Unfortunate experience. I purchased my 4.6 Webster from IO in Nov 2003. The service before , during & after the sale was excellent so rather suprised to read your post.

There was a post here a few weeks back on obtaining outboard service in the Blacktown area. All spoke very highly of IO

In respect to the 5.2 , these are not a common boat & unlike the "off the shelf " or "just add water " Quinnie etc are only made to customer order so unless a dealer , be that IO or any other dealer has a boat arrive just befor the show then there is nothing to display.

Any way , they are still a great boat & very pleasd with my purchase

Regards

Geoff

hopefully this was a one off. Everyone has their off days, I'm glad that other people have had positive experiences with them.

Geoff I appreciate your comments, and understand that the websters are not mass produced. Just would have been nice to get some more help off the sales guys. Glad you had a good experience!!

cheers

Dave

I just wish the manufacturers represented their products and did not leave it to the dealers. There were far too many old stock boats there for my liking and not enough new model stuff. None of the boats i wanted to see were there but plenty of old stuff was. Seems some of the dealers were just clearing out the yards. Bit rich for a 17 doller entry fee.

If you went there to just find a bargain boat it may have been ok but i went hoping to see new stuff.

Sorry you had a rough time with the Webster mate.