Does Anyone Know The Year Model Of This Boat?

subzero

I have just stumbled across this forum and I think it is great. People chatting about boating and fishing.......what more could a man ask for....except for a cold beer.

Getting back to the topic, I have just purchased this boat and I am wondering what year the boat was built. It has a half cabin and the motor is a Mariner 60Hp electric start with tilt control. Any information on either boat or motor would be appreciated.

G'day Subzero , and :1welcomeani: to Fishraiders.

Can you tell us the HIN ( Hull Identification Number) , this should be on a metal plate on the rear of the boat , there may be another one on the inside front as well . Also , the model number and serial number for the engine , this will at least help us narrow down the year of manufacture.

Ross

Got some pics for you all to have a look at. I got the name of the boat wrong, it is actually "Seashine 1500".

The H.I.N (Boatcode) is AUWWA118611EG2.

The motor is a Mariner 60HP with the serial number 675L 306 454.

Her's another pic.

post-2427-1155025110_thumb.jpg

post-2427-1155025247_thumb.jpg

G'day Subzero ,

The motor is a 60 HP EL model manufactured in 1980. The serial numbers for that year were :675-305096 - 675-307910 .

As for the boat itself , you could try entering the relevant information on the REVS webpage.REVS You may be able to track the year model this way .

Ross

Edited by Flightmanager

Thanks Flightmanager,

Yeah I had a fair idea it was around that era. The motor is in excellent condition. It has no trouble starting at all. I just had to replace the rectifier which had been shorted out.

Do you know a place where i can get parts to fix up the windows and to get a windscreen put on? There are not many places around for that type of thing that I can find.

Rob

Edited by subzero

Thanks for the :1welcomeani: guys, its great to be here.

I think I'll just rename the boat "Subzero" :biggrin2:

Yes I am out at Penrith area. Thanks for that twoducks. I was just going to go down to Bunnings and check out their perspex sheets and redo the windows and windscreen myself. But I hear that I need to use some other type of material, not ordinary perspex.

Rob.

Thanks for the :1welcomeani: guys, its great to be here.

I think I'll just rename the boat "Subzero" :biggrin2:

Yes I am out at Penrith area. Thanks for that twoducks. I was just going to go down to Bunnings and check out their perspex sheets and redo the windows and windscreen myself. But I hear that I need to use some other type of material, not ordinary perspex.

Rob.

Pretty sure this is the guy

Better Windscreens

Unit 7/ 50 Peachtree Rd Penrith NSW 2750

ph: (02) 4722 6555

had my screen cut to size for my old dehav,was a few years ago now..mabye ring first to see if they still do

Cheers

Cheers mate, I'll give them a ring.

On another note, I need to get a 10 foot steering quick connect steering cable for this boat, but I have onle seen 12 foot and above. I've tried a 12 foot cable and it is way too long. Anyone have any ideas on where to find one? I'm dying to get a first run out on the water.

Rob.

Okay, found the 10 foot steering kit, fits perfectly.

There is a sticker on the backe of this boat which says manufactured by Felix Marine. I cannot find any info on them whatsoever. Any ideas anyone? Probably from that era late 70s, early 80s?

Guest bluecod

Subzero,

I'm pretty sure I had the 55hp Mariner built in the same livery as your 60, but maybe a year earlier.

The great thing about the engine is that it was built by Yamaha - the powerplant was a legend [being a detuned 70hp] and went like the clappers. The main dramas I had with it is that it was sensitive to any crap in the fuel [fixed by good quality filter] and the bolts on the power tilt went rusty on me.

• 1 month later...

:1prop: Woohoo!! I've finally worked it out. It's a 1978 Stejcraft. Found it on a few sites which had it for sale.

:beersmile: Aaaaahhh. Now i can calm down a bit......I've been busily working on the boat with my father-in-law for the last month or so after moving house. Should hopefully be ready in about a month or so. We had to take the motor off and put a new piece of plywood in at the back. I have refibreglassed it all and puttied over and its now rock solid. Just a bit more sanding back to do and on will come the paint, carpet, windows, windscreen, sounder, GPS, etc.........don't tell the :wife: