Hard Work For A Few Blacky's

brad

Gday, guys.

Headed out this morning with fellow raider livebait to the bridges in the georges, to first try for some jews. It was absolutley fu*+ing freezing as we hit the water at about 5:30am. Had no luck on the jew front & even if we did get a run, i doubt we would have been able to move our hands to strike as they were either in our pokets or were tucked under our bums.

Pulled up anchor about 7am & headed up the river to our favourite blackfish spot. The action started straight away, pulling in a couple of keepers & also a few throw backs & then as the tide slowed, they went off the boil.... it went dead!! Persisted with this spot for the whole of the run out tide & with about an hour or so left of the run out, it picked up pace again & we were back in to them. Livebait done very well, landing a few good ones, one of them going 33cm & had some weight behind it. At the end of the run out, the little ones seemed to have dissapeared & the downs were few & far between, but the qaulity of the ones that were being landed were great. Ended up leaving at the start of the run in, for a long hard days fishing for 8 keepers.

Huntingforjewies :1fishing1:

post-2034-1155026600_thumb.jpg

post-2034-1155026639_thumb.jpg

Here is another pic from last time we went out:

post-2034-1155026808_thumb.jpg

good stuff mate, i can vouch for it being really cold i got up this morning to find my car under 2 inches of frost and couldnt see the grass.

sounds like a great day on the water though with plenty of fish caught, well done boys.

cheers.