Telstra`s Shrinking Customer Base

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

The 7.30 Report on aunty (ABC) last night covered the story of the ADSL debacle.

The short of it was , that Telstra was trying to blackmail the FEDS into doing it their way.

BUT Listen to this , Ivor Ries , spokesperson for Baillieu Stockbokers said with a wry smile on his face :

"OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS , 2 MILLION CUSTOMERS HAD DESERTED TELSTRA" , leaving them with 8 million , and they did not want to loose another 2 million .

Now the implied threat here was , that the ADSL+2 Issue was going to be the catalyst to have Millions of Customers leaving Telstra to avail themselves of the faster broadband speed with other carriers , no matter what .

Ironically , yesterday morning , I bundled my Phone & Internet service over to AAPT , after receiving my Telstra phone bill with the ( Now Expected monthly Increases ) once again.

For me this was the final straw , every month without fail , my bill contained 3/4 pages of useless explanations of why they were increasing this or that , or why this service would no longer be provided , etc, etc .

Exasperation finaly overcome me , so I have Deserted Telstra , Never to return , and yes I will probably be a few dollars worse off , but only a few , actually , less than $5 .

So , this morning I feel strangely liberated in an odd sort of way , just like the time I left home .

Telstra now has....7,999,999 customers left , care to make a statement and join me ??.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Stew , Spin doctors advise Monopolies like Telstra , that 99% of people just don`t want the hasssle of moving their account to another providor , and thats why they put up with it , well I have had enough , so I jumped ship .

But Everbody , should read the transcript from the link below , it will leave you gnashing your teeth.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2006/s1710050.htm

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

what about their share price? I bought in at $7, today they are worth about half what i paid. Their CEO comes across as arrogance personified, he is doing us a favour running Telstra (into the ground).

Sol left Quest over in the US on $70m USD to run TLS on $5m salary. He is certainly not doing it for the money.

He did manage to turn Quest from a loss making business to a position where it was taken over. A great result for the shareholders.

I don't think he knew what he was getting himself into when he signed up though. It's a bit hard running a company with one arm behind your back.