Friday Arvo Flick

kbark

my mate decided he was too tired to take the tinny out so i headed down to my usual landbased spots on the lake. (if anyone heads out on a friday, I'm generally free so if you'd like some company and someone to pay some fuel bills etc. just send me a pm).

managed to pick up a couple of choppers and legal flattie but hooked somthing that made my pfleuger bend over backwards. picked it for old man lizard (probably old lady lizard) at that size. she cruised toward the shore and gave a final pull and the minnow came free...not the first time that's happened.

2 casts later I had her again but she just wasn't taking the hook. i swear the bigger they get, the luckier and craftier they become.

no pics...nothing worthy...but a beautiful arvo with plenty of action. i'll let you know when I manage to land her.

my mate decided he was too tired to take the tinny out so i headed down to my usual landbased spots on the lake. (if anyone heads out on a friday, I'm generally free so if you'd like some company and someone to pay some fuel bills etc. just send me a pm).

managed to pick up a couple of choppers and legal flattie but hooked somthing that made my pfleuger bend over backwards. picked it for old man lizard (probably old lady lizard) at that size. she cruised toward the shore and gave a final pull and the minnow came free...not the first time that's happened.

2 casts later I had her again but she just wasn't taking the hook. i swear the bigger they get, the luckier and craftier they become.

no pics...nothing worthy...but a beautiful arvo with plenty of action. i'll let you know when I manage to land her.

Shame you lost her, kbark. There's always next time. Good to see that you had some other results. A few choppers and a legal flathead aren't bad for a session :thumbup: .

Flattieman.

Guest madsmc

Bad luck on the big flattie kbark.

It's pretty hard to watch one swim off after it's just spat your lure, but it does give you an excuse to go back again, and again, until you finally land it. :thumbup:

Shane

Kbark your day and fishing session were better than mine champ! My started off with being being involved in a car accident :05: , then finally making it to uni only to have the lecturer bust my chops :thumbdown: . Then i thought id try to brighten my day by still going for my planned afternoon fish which resulted in zip not even a bump threw everything i had at them :mad3:

Congrats on the fish mate well done :thumbup:

Cheers

Kbark your day and fishing session were better than mine champ! My started off with being being involved in a car accident :05: , then finally making it to uni only to have the lecturer bust my chops :thumbdown: . Then i thought id try to brighten my day by still going for my planned afternoon fish which resulted in zip not even a bump threw everything i had at them :mad3:

Congrats on the fish mate well done :thumbup:

Cheers

bummer about your day...yeah, any session where you're not skunked is a good one.