New To Sp @ Ic

Bream Mad

Hi Fishraiders,

Tommorrow will be my first ever SP session @ IC and i am looking for some advice to overcome initial difficulties. I have caught countless bream on hardbodies, bait and fly before. I will be trying the section off henley marine drive near the moored boats and rock platforms. I have both 1/16 and 1/32 jigs and pumkinseed 2' grubs and 3' bass minnows in watermelon. How far out do i need to cast? what depth, should i try to cast around the moored boats. The tide will be rising from low but there does not seem to be much tidal flow though this section. An advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bream Mad :1fishing1:

Mate, I've never fished around that section of IC, but in my experience, IC fishes better near the turn of the high rather the low, where more water is accessible to the land based fisho. (I'm assuming you'll be landbased?)

The plastics and heads you have sound ideal - cast out as far as you can as the bream generally hold further out (I've caught a few flatties in close though).

For the grubs, you can employ a slower lift and drop routine, keeping contact with the bottom with each drop. For the bass minnows, employ more rips, twitches and flicks, then pause to allow the lure to flutter to the bottom.

Grab a copy of the Berkley DVD or Squidgy Secrets Part One. These are good instructional DVDs, albeit a bit heavy on the product promotion.

Edited by David L

Hi and :1welcomeani: to the site Bream Mad

Structure, structure, structure - cast to the structure (I hear swordie yelling at me :whistling: )

Cast those bass minnows under boats, close as you can to pylons and wharves and weed beds, logs etc

Have a read of the article on Fishing With Soft Plastics

http://www.fishraider.com.au/articles/softplastics/

Lots of good articles with information can be found on the site before you enter the forums under ARTICLES

http://www.fishraider.com.au/articles

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

:1welcomeani: Bream Mad.

(So am I! :biggrin2: )

Mate no need to cast far at Iron Cove on a high tide, tho it is definitely helpful to cast as far as possible to cover more water - always a help during these trying times.

Mr Jewhunter would always say to visit the spot at low tide if possible to look for structure - I'd advise the same. I have a couple of spots I found that way where I can guarantee a few hits every time...well in summer anyway...I've been having a shocker :1badmood:

Check out Crystalliser's post in the lure fishing section. That's what you can get if you persist!

Apart from that, ensure you have sharp hooks!

Stick in there...and remember from here it's only going to get better! :biggrin2:

Mike