Sydney Harbour 26 / 08 / 06

Flightmanager

G'day Raiders ,

After a few early morning PMs and phone calls , Hassar480 (Albert) invited #1 Son and I for a days fishing on the Harbour.

After a quick trip to our favourite purveyor of superior fishing tackle , and somewhat lighter in the wallet ( bait , new lures , various odds and ends ) we all met up at Alberts place , loaded the boat and headed off to the ramp at Silverwater.

Got the boat into the water , and headed off up the river towards the harbour. We trolled from the Harbour Bridge to the wedding cake , for no result , but it was still great to be out in Alberts boat , the little Yammie 2 stroke purring away in the background , and the fantastic Harbour scenenry rolling by .

We decided to head towards the outside , the weather was not too bad , slight breeze and the swell running at about 0.5 - 1 m . As we were trolling towards South Head ( very close to being in the Big Water) , my new overhead reel made the sound that gladdens every fishermans heart : ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZ !

Albert yelled out " Your On " , and it was a bit of a scramble to get to the rod , as I was driving at the time. Albert took over the helm , and I began to retrieve my first fish of the day . It put up a moderate fight , but the new 7' boat rod handled it with ease. After a few of the other rods had been moved from th eholders , I landed a 42cm Bonito , my first , also my first on a hard lure !!

bonitoSmall.jpg

With much anticipation , we once again set the trolling lures out , and continued towards the heads , but a small rain shower heading straight for us sent us back towards the Harbour. :(

As we were troling back towards Balmoral , once again my reel began to scream , raced to the back and began the retrieve , this one had a good bit of weight about him , took one long dive , and let go of the lure . :05: . I pulled the lure back in , and found that something had given the lure a pretty big bite , there was a great scratch along the lure body , but alas , no fish on the end of it .

Back down towards the Spit , where we were overtaken by two of those %$^#*&^ wind driven craft , and my new fish catching lure was gone , along with about 100 feet of mono. :mad3:

After a short break on th ebeach , we decided it was time for some bait fishing , so off to Sow and Pigs . We burleyed up , and Albert was the first to strike , with a 20cm flattie , which was returned immediately. Soon after he was on once again , this time for a tiny snapper , which received the same treatment as the flatty.

#1 Son was next to get a fish , another small snapper , followed soon after by its little brother .

As the rain had now cleared , we trolled once more towards the heads hoping for a repeat of the morning run , but sadly this was not to be. As the swell was beginning to come up a bit , we turned around and headed for home.

Brett and I would like to thank Albert for his kindness in inviting us out for the day , we had a great time , and it is a great boat to go fishing in !!

Ross

thanks for the kind words ross ,i must say that every time i go fishing with a fishraider they ALLWAYS seem to catch more and bigger fish than me ....any way we had a good day out looking forword to meeting and fishing with more fishraiders,,,so if you see a post in the forums ..when i have time to go fishing and im looking for a driver /decky stick your hand up ,,you will have a good time ,,,and may even catch more fish than me,,,,,

good stuff fellas you got out there and you managed to turn the reels and have some fun.

absolutely hate it when inconsiderate boats drive straight over your lures.

nice bonnie there to bad you couldn t get yourself any more.