Trev's On The Bite 30/08/06

Lewis

G,day Raiders.

Headed out at 5.30am to My favourite spot just off the north eastern corner of Bass Island in 76' of water, water temp was 16.5 degrees, weather overcast with lite rain and a south, south westerly at 5 to 10 knots. I anchored up and started a berly trail of finely diced and salted bonito and pillies prepared the night befor with the odd hand full of chook pellets soaked in tuna oil, in the hope of enticeing some of the kings that have been hanging around of late, but to no avail, even the bonnies had moved on. The current had shifted from the northerly direction it had been for the past couple of weeks, which was probably responsible for the return of the kings, to a very week southerly.

Started floating half and full pillies and some bonnie strips out the back down the berly trail,first to turn up were a few large slimies after about an hour, then the trevs turned up as hungry as ever, after about 40 minutes I had landed around a dozen or so. I kept a few for a feed for myself and my older brother who does'nt get out fishing any more and a nice china man.

I called it a day at around 10.30am after a very productive session, its only sad that I was out there by myself, shall have to find a buddy that has Wednesday's off for some company.

Any way was still a great day, here's a couple of pics of my catch.

post-1163-1156933213_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lewis

nice trevally, when are you taking the boat out next down your way.

cheers.

G,day Kings.

I am hoping to get out this weekend, but wont know until the misses finds out if she is working the weekend or not. I should know more tomorrow Friday, I will PM you when I know for sure.

Edited by Lewis

G,day Kings.

I am hoping to get out this weekend, but wont know until the misses finds out if she is working the weekend or not. I should know more tomorrow Friday, I will PM you when I know for sure.

no worries ill probably be out of action due to fathers day and house hunting. cant wait to get on the water again been 2 bloody weeks and counting. way to long for me.

cheers.