Tiagra Or Sealine Tournament

netic

Hey Guys, just looking for a opinion on which Game reel i should buy.

I already have purchased a Tiagra 30 and a Tyrnos 30 but i am now looking for 1 last game reel and i have been told the Daiwa Sealine Tournament SLT 50 2 Speed SLT50 ll is a great reel.

If any one has used this reel some feedback would be great.

Im tossing up between another Tiagra 30WLRSA or this reel.

Heres a link to it

Ebay link for Daiwa

The slt50 would make a big capacity 15kg or average capacity 24kg. They are two different sized reels so no point comparing them. I haven't ever heard a bad thing about the daiwas, but I would probably go for shimano simply because more people use them including all the big name boats, but do you want the reel for 15 or 24

Netic, i've owned an SLT50 and i do not recommend it, especially if you plan to run 15kg line.

I bought mine as a 15kg reel only to find out that the lowest strike drag setting was an astonishing 8kg :1yikes:

Had a word to Daiwa about it and they basically said it's designed as a 24kg reel and nothing could be done about reducing the strike drag to 5kg. :thumbdown: Also the drag cam is absolute crap! At sunset you will snap even 24kg line. The drag becomes fully locked up :1yikes:

It was a real shame as this reel is pretty impressive otherwise. Also, the 2 speed shift system was nowhere near as easy to operate as the Tiagra. Needless to say, i no longer own the SLT50.

Regards

Red

Well it seems like i will go for the 30wlrsa,

I already have one that i bought a few months back but i was looking at getting something different to give some variety to the collection.

Tiagra number 2 it is.

Thanks guys