Yft Browns/shelf 02/09/06

netic

Hey all,

As scheduled I headed out to browns today with Hey Steve, got to the ramp at 5.30 and headed out to the shelf in some pretty good conditions.

Put the spread out at the shelf and trolled to browns without a touch.

As soon as we got to browns we started cubing, around 30 minutes or so the smallest rod starts to run.

We lock the reel and we boat a small YFT, around the 5 kg mark,

Figured it was a good way to start, continued to cube without a touch.

But i have been accused not devoting enough time to cubing so i decided to keep trying and try we did, after 6 hours cubing we got jack.

The only action were we got was a few runs that didnt eventuate into a hook up.

At around 3.30pm we decided to troll again and we trolled back to the shelf, we saw surface activity and then a couple of jumps from a large YFT, Trolled right by the activity and no hook (very strange).

The only other interesting thing that happened on the troll home was a couple of Whales we saw.

On the radio we heard some chatter about a few people getting triple hook ups on smaller fin but thats it.

A dissapointing day for 12 hours of fishing offshore but hey thats fishing.

Heres the pic of the Jelly Bean

Edited by netic

Congats Netic :thumbup: a Jelly Bean is better than Jack, they still go pretty hard at that size depending on how much Cubes they ate up trail before finding one with hook. Conditions looked good. can you tell me did you do a few drifts or just one long one. Cheers Dave

Congats Netic :thumbup: a Jelly Bean is better than Jack, they still go pretty hard at that size depending on how much Cubes they ate up trail before finding one with hook. Conditions looked good. can you tell me did you do a few drifts or just one long one. Cheers Dave

:dito: that! Seems like everyone was doing it tough today - I fished Greenhills beach for zip (bar a couple of missed hookups :ranting2: ) A pod of dolphins came through when I was fishing - that was the extent of the day's excitement. It was a beautiful day, though - it was great to be near the water. Good to see that you managed to catch something, netic. :thumbup::yahoo:

Flattieman.

It's a pitty the big fin didn't come out to play

but at least you got a jelly bean fin.It seems

the fishing was very slow today for quite afew people,

probably due to the calm conditions. It still would

have been a beautiful day on the water,the weather

was great.

Hey buddy,

mate we did 2 drifts about 3 kms away from each other, conditions were great, too smooth for the pushers to work well though

Bad luck you didnt get anymore Netic :thumbdown:

Any chatter on the radio of any sizeable fish caught?

We heard a bit of chatter about some larger ones lost but none boated, but im sure some larger ones would have been boat.