Poor Mans Downrigger

inked

can you just get a say a 7 pound bomb, attach it too some heavy duty line and have a line clip running off that to your fishing line?

can anyone help with suggestions

thanks

dave

That can work but getting the bomb up once hooked is the issue and you will find the king may wrap him self aroind the bomb line if it is not raised.

When i first wanted to downrigg i tried everything and unfortunately i realise quick smart that the best way is with a downrigger

That can work but getting the bomb up once hooked is the issue and you will find the king may wrap him self aroind the bomb line if it is not raised.

When i first wanted to downrigg i tried everything and unfortunately i realise quick smart that the best way is with a downrigger

thanks netic

I thought it was worth a try since I can't really afford a downrigger ATM.

thanks netic

I thought it was worth a try since I can't really afford a downrigger ATM.

You can make you own. I did using an E type star drag alvey and a short rod blank offcut. You will need to buy wire, a pulley and release clip but its still heaps cheaper than an off the shelf model, especially if you have a spare alvey lying around.

an old alvey, a old rod cut just up from the firt guide, some heavyish line, a bomb and a release clip and your off..... that actullay might work..... will have to build one myself :yahoo: also someway to attach it to the boat and if you really wanna you can buy a cheap distance counter (dont quite know how that fits on)..... should be able to get all the parts cheap off ebay or somewhere like that

Edited by FletcherG1991