Kiama Canyons

njsconst

I'm thinking of heading out to Kiama Canyons on Sunday the 17/9/06, as I'll be done that way for a family bash :mad3: but thats another story.

I've done alot of fishing on the offshore reefs around Kiama but never ventured out to the Canyons. After reading all the reports about the Kiama Canyons being on fire with YFT, I'm keen to get out there before they disappear. I have the GPS Co-ords, but does anyone know how long it takes? or how far it is from Kiama Harbour.

Hope the weather is good!

The Co-ords that I have are S34 47 900 & E151 10 760.

I worked out off my GPS that it is 17nm from Kiama Harbour.

The weather looks good for Sunday - <1m swell and 5/15 Knots from the NE. So at this stage I will be departing from Kiama Harbour at about 5.30am.

Why don't you come on down. Its closer then Browns and the reports at present are that the YFT are in plague proportions out there......I 'll soon see.

The Co-ords that I have are S34 47 900 & E151 10 760.

I worked out off my GPS that it is 17nm from Kiama Harbour.

The weather looks good for Sunday - <1m swell and 5/15 Knots from the NE. So at this stage I will be departing from Kiama Harbour at about 5.30am.

Why don't you come on down. Its closer then Browns and the reports at present are that the YFT are in plague proportions out there......I 'll soon see.

Would love to but its getting to kiama that is the issue, its a long drive from my place, i will check tonight exactly how far it is for you, Let me know how you go