Colo River

abiasin

Hi guys,

Just wondering on some locations to launch a kayak into the colo river in search of bass.

unfortunately it has to be accessible by commodore as i dont have a 4wd so if anyone has got any ideas on where i can launch from it would be muchly appreciated.

plan on taking the yak out in the coming weeks possibly camp out there too by the side of the goerge?

cheers.

Right at the mouth of the Colo opposite the ferry is a little boat ramp (I think its called skeleton rocks reserve?)

Access is easy with a 2wd and there is parking.

Hi guys,

Just wondering on some locations to launch a kayak into the colo river in search of bass.

unfortunately it has to be accessible by commodore as i dont have a 4wd so if anyone has got any ideas on where i can launch from it would be muchly appreciated.

plan on taking the yak out in the coming weeks possibly camp out there too by the side of the goerge?

cheers.

Get down to the bridge from nowhere ,if you check out a map you will be looking for the junction of the Hawkesbury and the Colo Rivers.

There is a small dirt track which only goes for maybe 300 yds just before you hit the bridge on the right hand side that will take you to a small accessible boat ramp which is ok for your vehicle . Lower Portland Area.

:biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

If you want to fish further up the river you can put a canoe in on the southern side of the bridge at colo.

I have fished there a few times from my caneo but have found the afternoon to be better that the morning.

At the spot the other guys are talking about you can launch medium sized boat if you want it looks like an old punt approach. I have also fished this a few times and have found the fishing slow until 30min either side of the low tide.

Good luck

Kingpig