Jewies On Hardbodies

wolfgang

post-1897-1158276935_thumb.jpgpost-1897-1158276958_thumb.jpg Hey guys been catching a few jewies up this way in the Macleay river. They've been nailing the softies

pretty well so decided a slightly different slant using hardbodies. The other night I pinned 2 on the last of

the run in tide on plastics (both released) and than on the high water I switched to the hardbodies and

with some real savage takes nailed another 2. I brought the camera down this night and here's a couple

of pics to go with it.

Great looking fish Wittman - there's something far more satisfying about the strike you get on a hardbody compared to the softies.

It's always such a comprehensive clobbering, as opposed to getting nailed on the drop or picked up off the bottom.

Great looking fish too. Looks to be a good jewie season coming up!!

the season is already off and running for a few fellas that i know and they have picked up a few monsters recently. i havn t hit the hawkesbury in a few weeks.

i will be out there this weekend though to get some (hopefully)

Guest danielinbyron

Is that a king brown hanging out his gob mate....????how crowded is it getting down there and how dirty is the water after all that rain..???

Is that a king brown hanging out his gob mate....????how crowded is it getting down there and how dirty is the water after all that rain..???

Howdy Daniel,

Surprisingly the water is still pretty clear. While there was a fair amount of rain I don't think there has

been much in the upper Macleay as far as runoff goes. I spoke to a bloke yesterday who lives above

Kempsey about a possible bass trip this afternoon after work and he was saying the water is only slightly

murkey. (Tossing up wether to take the kyak out to chase some bass or go harass some flatties this

evening on some plastics.) If I get something worthwhile I'll post it.

The two lures one is a River/Sea slimy mack pattern and the other is a rattling "buggeredifIknow

butcatchesfish" model that I've had for yonks. Like Mondo man says the jewies really smash the hardbodies

compared to the often subtle bump or sharp tap on plastics. How's your dog doin'?