Catching Fish In Hawkesbury

Crawfo

Hi Folks. I am new to the site and have been fishing the Hawkesbury (between the 2 bridge and Spencer) and Berowra creek for 4 years now with the only real captures 2 x 2kg flathead caught by my daughter and one good day where we caught 25 Jewfish (all 42cm and thrown back). I have a 4.6 Quinnie with a 50hp Yamaha and usually use bait.can anyone provide any assistance. Thanks

Hi, there are so many good spots in the system, my best advice to you is to refer to the advice Ken has provided via the link on our home page. Also, remember fish love structure so dont just fish somewhere because "it looks good" or others are there. Find the logs, big rocks, reefs, drop offs etc and vary your bait. If you do these things you will catch fish because they are there. Good luck mate. By the way, buy yourself some squidgy soft plastics and some jig heads and try flicking them around the banks etc.

G'day Crawfo

I agree with Harold read Kens articles - carefully. Maybe target one species at a time. If you follow his advise you can't go wrong.

Put your reports in on the site after you have been out and tell us what you have done .There are a lot of very experienced raiders who will help you out.

Cheers

inhlanzi

mate i 4 years for 2 succesful trips there is obviously something wrong and you really need to make a decision on what you want to catch.

there is plenty of information on this site and on dvds regarding fishing the hawkesbury it really isn t that hard you just have to understand why you are fishing in a location and what your targeting.

i must comend you on your dedication because four years with so little would be very disheartening.

truly i wish you all the luck and i think its a wise decision to join this site as it will definately enhance your chances of getting those elusive fish.

Honestly mate i wouldn t recommend getting those plastics try and get your bait fishing techniques up to scratch and then maybe progress to plastics if thats what you enjoy

mate i 4 years for 2 succesful trips there is obviously something wrong and you really need to make a decision on what you want to catch.

there is plenty of information on this site and on dvds regarding fishing the hawkesbury it really isn t that hard you just have to understand why you are fishing in a location and what your targeting.

i must comend you on your dedication because four years with so little would be very disheartening.

truly i wish you all the luck and i think its a wise decision to join this site as it will definately enhance your chances of getting those elusive fish.

Honestly mate i wouldn t recommend getting those plastics try and get your bait fishing techniques up to scratch and then maybe progress to plastics if thats what you enjoy

Thanks for that. I actually went 1 whole year without loing a bait. That included one trip to Sydney harbour.