The Peak

kikila

Finally got out for a days fishing; its been at lest 3 months since I last wet a line either due to crook weather, boat problems or ill heath something always got in the way and I must admit that the older I get the bigger sook I become :( so the cold weather was a big disincentive. Met up with Garry “BUSTER1” at St George anglers boat ramp where we launched, first order of business was to get some live bait at the Yarra bay bait grounds’ the yakkas were hard to come by but at the end of an hour we had 6 plus a sweep and a little blurter, rather then wast any more time chasing bait it was decided to head out to the peak with what we had. Conditions were a bit sloppy on the way out so we slow down and trolled our way out to the peak rather than bash ourselves around; we were pretty disappointed that by the time we had reached the peak some 8 nautical miles without so much as a touch the water temp was 18 to 19 degrees and very warm looking, with some good showings on the sounder we dropped our baits down’ Garry with a livie, me a couple of strip baits on droppers I started getting bite strait away which turned out to be a mixture of little jackets, sweep and large maidoes. There may have been better fish down but with a raging northerly current aided with a nor westerly wind the drift was bloody fast only taking 20 minutes to drift from the north peak to the southern peak but Garry did loose 2 yakkas 1 that had been chomped in half. The sea had smoothed out but the current still raging we decided to head in closer and give the trag grounds a go, this spot also prove disappointing the current was still belting along and the only thing we caught were butchers p*icks. Heading back to the bay we came across large schools of salmon feeding on krill and would not be tempted with any of our offerings’ which was just another frustration, also came across some small tuna out a little wider but they weren’t interested either. Back in the bay we gave molineaux point a shot for blurters for zip also had a flatty spin where Garry had a good hit but that was about it. The pin was pulled at 2pm after 8 hours on the water the fish of the day was a sweep pretty crook aye LOL.

Sorry about the lenght of the report but its been a while since my last report :biggrin2: and thanks for the day out Garry even with the lack of fish it was a great day out :thumbup:

post-227-1158659192_thumb.jpg

fish of the day :074::074::074:

Edited by kikila

Finally got out for a days fishing; its been at lest 3 months since I last wet a line either due to crook weather, boat problems or ill heath something always got in the way and I must admit that the older I get the bigger sook I become :( so the cold weather was a big disincentive.

I can relate to the above quote, no arguments there. :biggrin2:

Good to see you're back out on the water Chris, here's hoping for a good summers' fishin' for 'ya. :1fishing1::thumbup:

Guest IFishSick.

The Peak has been quiet lately, same as 12 mile. All i've been getting is the leather jay's, pain in the asses. Better luck next time.