Live Well

David C

hi there just looking 4 a few tips on hooking u my live well i have the tank thats it what else do i need .. or where do u mount the pump ,lines , drain plugs, the over spill goes to the side i no that one .. any help would be good thanks :confusuion:

i getting the tank made up now its about 120liters its going to be permatly fixed under the casting deck .. just wanted to no which pumps to use and some idears on hook up . one member sent a full list of diragrams and has help out heps. Cheers Dave

Believe it or not, I made my tank out of timber! :yikes: And it works a treat. I will try and get some piccies later and hopefully be able to explain it all! :thumbsup:

This is the tank I used, it sits in a cut out space at the back of the boat, see photo. The tank will leak some water but I used a foam tape to seal the lid and a robber clip to keep the lid shut when underway and bouncing around.

The pick up on the back picks the water up and when it is full it empties over the transom. photo attached

Apart from the holes to mount the pick up there is no others.

post-13-1098093535_thumb.jpg

Let me see if I know how to use this forum correctly! :1naughty:

I will post a series of links to photos showing my tank, and how it works and is plumbed. If it works...great...if it doesnt then I'm in the Poo! :P

First picture shows the taps and hosing that I use to switch the pump from livewell to bait tank. Or I can use both at a slower feed rate. You can also see the pump in the bottom right of the piccie. It is a Thru Hull pump from Rule.

Taps and pump.

Second Pic shows the hose that feed my livewell. It just goes through the casting deck, and can be lengthened or shortened at will.

Feeder

Third pic shows the tank itself, with the inlet and a bung in the bottom right corner for draining at the end of the day.

Livewell

Fourth...The overflow system. I have the well at the rear of the boat so the overflow goes straight into my motor well and out the back.

Overflow

Fifth pic shows the whole top panel of the well. It has 2 doors for access, and it is completely removeable. It is held down with the bungee cords on the sides, and the doors held down the same way.

Lids

Sixth pic shows the insides of the well. Note the hatch tape that I used on the splash lip to stop water pouring out when under way. Works a treat I may add!

Inside

Finally...You can see that I have made the centre divider removable. The reason being that if I want to put bigger fish...such as a Kingie, and keep it alive...I can! :P

Divider

Hope it all makes sense! :unsure:

The water is pumped in from the inlet, when the tank fills it just goes out the overflow. All I do after it has been filled is switch the pump on for about 10 minutes every half hour or so! Hasnt been a problem the last 3 trips out, so it must be working ok! :1prop: