Lb Snapper

FletcherG1991

Good question!

i guess it depends how big you wanna get them, i could tell you mant places , but the snapper are in the millions all about 10-20cm though :thumbdown:

although i have caught a 45cm model off a wharf in sydney harbour.., so they are there..occasionally :biggrin2:

Edited by KingsRule

Guest danielinbyron

sometimes the harbour is riddled with pinkies, places i've caught them are warves lady macquarries chair and darling pt. warf.. but not kepers.. Bigger snapper can be found in calm water after big storms around sth. head.This isn't a particularly hairy place if the waters calm enough.I imagine it would be the same at nth head.

Edited by danielinbyron

south and north head are both good spots but are affected obviuosly with certain winds

i really doubt that you can catch yourself snapper landbased in calm water on a regular basis.

fishing from the rocks i reckon would be a bare minimum to put you in with a shot.

i really don t recommend it to you though unless you are with someone as your only a young fella with minimal experience.

Edited by James

Guest Big-Banana

Swansea channel. I caught a nice pan sized snapper with a 2nd tail. I released him. :wacko:

My cousin catches them on a regular basis when in season.