Norhern Beaches Jew

zen801

Went fishing on Nortern beaches looking for a jew. I had some salted salmon fillets from weekend before and with a high tide at 8pm get set by about 6pm. Not much happenned at all until right on high tide at 8pm had a hugh hit and the reel screamed as line peeled off. I set the hook and let some drag off and let it do its best. It was ablistering run. After awhile i put some pressure on and turned him back towards the beach. It was difficult to get him out of the gutter in front off the beach so i just walked south with him fighting all the way. After 15mins had my biggest jew on the beach at 8kg. Mate it made my night - fanatastic.

post-2060-1163823931_thumb.jpg

Edited by zenman

Nice job, zenman! :yahoo::thumbup: Well done on the PB! I'm hoping to get into some beach jewies myself quite soon - good to hear that they're about.

Flattieman.

Thanks flattieman. Mate i was wrapped as have been trying for a big one for awhile and at times it was discouraging. perseverence pays off with jews and throw in a bit off homework and a touch of luck and bingo. If you look at the lights in the background i am sure you could tell where it was caught. If not the hint is long. Cheers

Thanks flattieman. Mate i was wrapped as have been trying for a big one for awhile and at times it was discouraging. perseverence pays off with jews and throw in a bit off homework and a touch of luck and bingo. If you look at the lights in the background i am sure you could tell where it was caught. If not the hint is long. Cheers

Thanks mate. I normally target them up on the Central Coast, but I'll keep that in mind. :thumbup: I know what you're saying about effort and perseverence.

Flattieman.

great fish mate, i have always wished they would take pillies from stanwell, but i might try some fresh tailor slabs next time im there.

Which surf combo did you use to land him?

Landed on a cheapie 12 foot surf rod and an old shimano 8010 baitrunner. I had ten kilo line on a fifteen kilo leader. Rigged a running star sinker with a leader of about 1m. Slab of samon with hook run through once so that it flaps about. The old reel struggled a bit so i think its time to get a decent surf reel like a penn or alvey.

Solid effort mate,persistence pays off for sure :thumbup: i fished the friday night for a few runs but they didnt stick unfortunatly, and then got sharked and called it a night..if your looking for a new reel , look at the Daiwa - gs9, got one about a month ago and its a very solid reel and fair of the beach jew guru's seem to use them..

Damned elusive beach jews!!

Zenman - you're making me very jealous with a really great fish. I've been regularly chasing a beach jew for about a year now but no luck so far. I'll post my report from the weekend tonight once I get a chance to load up the piccies, but sufice to say another delightful evening spent on the beach enjoying the coming summer warmth, but no jews.

But seriously - you've landed yourself a really good fish there and you should be extremely happy. Hell, I'm happy for you!

I swear, when I finally land my first beach jew I won't need to post a report because you will all hear me hooting in triumph from wherever you happen to be at the time!!

Damned elusive beach jews!!

Zenman - you're making me very jealous with a really great fish. I've been regularly chasing a beach jew for about a year now but no luck so far. I'll post my report from the weekend tonight once I get a chance to load up the piccies, but sufice to say another delightful evening spent on the beach enjoying the coming summer warmth, but no jews.

But seriously - you've landed yourself a really good fish there and you should be extremely happy. Hell, I'm happy for you!

I swear, when I finally land my first beach jew I won't need to post a report because you will all hear me hooting in triumph from wherever you happen to be at the time!!

Thanks Mondo I was rapt. It was a great experience and when I hear you hooting in triumph I will be happy for you. It was funny that night as I was saying to my two other mates that i was over the beach and the boat was a better option. One hour later bingo. Keep trying and you will get a jew. By the way between you and me I caught it at long reef between the golf club and surf club.