Bass Session

kingpig

My son and I went for a quick bass seesion yesterday morning. Launched my caneo at Yarramindi arond 4.30am and headed down stream.

I fish surface fly for a fair while but did not get anything to rise possibly not enough insects around yet to stir the fish.

My son struck first and landed 5 fish before I got any. In total we caught and released 12 fish the largest being 37cm. Several the other arind 32-30cm and the usual small ones.

post-1591-1159168022_thumb.jpg

post-1591-1159168046_thumb.jpg

The Gross river runs into the Nepean just below the Yarramundi bridge. We started to fish from there down until we could see the Richmond bridge.

The fishing was slow down that far, however this may have been that it got later in the day.

All fish were caugt on Rebel cricket hoppers. There is plenty of weed three to four feed below the surface and these tend to skim above it.

Cheers

Kingpig

looks like another excuse to head off tackle shopping, I need some hb's now to tackle bass

I made the mistake of pulling all my sp's out of my pack and putting on the table on Fri night, the :wife: took one look at the huge assortment of packets and asked how much are they a packet?

$1.99 I replied nerviously trying to avaid eye contact. now considering she didn't question that and that you get half a doz sp's in a bag I reckon I'll be telling her hb's are .89c <_<

looks like another excuse to head off tackle shopping, I need some hb's now to tackle bass

I made the mistake of pulling all my sp's out of my pack and putting on the table on Fri night, the :wife: took one look at the huge assortment of packets and asked how much are they a packet?

$1.99 I replied nerviously trying to avaid eye contact. now considering she didn't question that and that you get half a doz sp's in a bag I reckon I'll be telling her hb's are .89c <_<

:074::074: thats just like my $50 stradic