Terry Irwin Interview

robthefisherman

Just wondering how many of you watched the Terry Irwin interview last night.

It must be so hard to have to come out and publicly express the emotions that you are feeling at a time when most people would just want to hide, It is obvious that their relationship was about as rock solid as they come.

I can't fathom where you would go from there, one would like to think that down the road she will find some happiness with another partner but I doubt there would be many around that could fill a void like that not to mention Steve's size 12 croc catching boots.

I believe her when she says that she'll make Australia Zoo bigger and I have no doubt that the kids will follow in Dad's footsteps and his dad is still around to show them the ropes like he showed Steve.

They are an amazing family and I know it certianly makes me want to try harder to be a better dad and partner. But there was one question Ray asked last night that made me think WTF?? Did you love him too much? Now what sort of dumbass question was that :wacko:

I thought it was pretty special that his wish was to be burried where only a few know where he is, lots of people labelled him a showman that wanted to bask in the spotlight and a showman he was but it sort of says to me that it wasn't the spotlight he craved but it just was a vehicle to get his message across and now he can rest in peace with only the company of the people that mattered most.

I suspect that in the future we'll see a few that will try to immitate him but never again will we see another one like him, well not until Bindi and Bob grow up anyway.

Edited by robthefisherman

Ahh yes, mate. I too watched the interview and thought along the same lines as you. I do agree that Ray's "Did you love him too much?" question was a bit strange - don't know what he expected Terri to say. She seems like Steve's rock - he was so spontaneous and it seems that she was the level-headed one who kept everything working the way it did. I do believe that she will continue the legacy through her strong will and genuine love for her children and wildlife. I do agree that Bindi and Bob will grow up with Steve's passion - which is a great gift to the animal kingdom.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Hey Rob,

Yeah, me and the :wife: sat there with a box of Kleenex and watched it.

As sad as it was, and despite Terri's overwhelming grief and obvious pain, it was very inspirational to watch Terri explain about their lives together and admire her strength and resolve at this time.

I couldn't agree more with your sentiments about it making you think about being a better dad and partner. That's one of the main things I took away from the interview. In her words, he was a real life hero to Terri and the kids, and he should most certainly be remembered as a great Aussie larrikin and legend, but also as a the best dad and husband.

It makes you realise life is really short and I'm so greatful to be here and to be with my family. I'll give them all an extra hug when I get home from work tonight when they all come running to the front door to greet me.

I also no longer take for granted how important Bec and I are in the lives of our kids - our kids really need us.

There were a lot of good lessons in what Terri had to say and I thought it was well worth watching.

Cheers

David

Oh. P.S. Ray was as plastic as his hair...