Bass Fishing Misadventure

headed out on the yaks maiden voyage up the nepean from camden airport bridge at 4.30am this morning

Both Corey and I had no idea what the hell we were doing but we proceeded to chuck lures at every snag along the river, I had a follow very early on in the morning on a kokoda bat but the fish wouldn't take the lure and that was about as close to Mr Bass that we were to get.

At one point we were siting in the middle of the river both casting at different banks when we simultaneously snagged up in some over hanging branches so there we were smack bang in the middle both pulling in opposite directions, being the gentleman that I am I backed my drag off and we paddled accross to unhook Corey and then back to the other side to retrieve mine from the vegetation.

It was the most fun I have had in a long while not catching fish but the morning was beautiful the river aliive with birdlife and I even did my beat croc hunter impersonation when I lept out of the yak and up the bank in pursuit of two huge water dragons, don't ask me what I was going to do if I caught them :wacko: but the were too quick for me anyway.

I had to be home by 9.00 for the :wife: to tutor so about 8.15 we decided to turn around and head for home. I had forgotten how peacful it is to criuse in a motorless craft and after 4 hours paddling about I felt completely rejuvinated.

I need to do a bit of research as chasing mr bass and Stewy I'll be taking you up on your offer to come out and show me the ropes real soon. No fish but a great way to start of a long weekend

Edited by robthefisherman

Hi Rob,

It's still a tad early in the season yet.

Give them a serious go in the November/ early December period -- you'll do much better.

Pick a morning or afternoon when the barometer's rising and there's plenty of insect activity (grass hoppers, cicadas etc).

Cast in close to shady snags a few times and you should soon be connected.

Regards,

Bob

Edited by kenmare