Hawkesbury 29/30

inhlanzi

Thanks for all the kind words Raiders and to reply to a few of you

Jason Scerri - Yea mate will be great to catch up when you come down. Reel-em -in is not that bad - just bring your ear plugs!!!

James - don't think I am qualified to comment on the baitrunner mode. I will give both a go and see what happens. I can see why you blokes go with the tight drag though.

Locodave - "Luckily we saw the odd Tern ..." That means we saw some birds ( the Tern is the one with the pointy wings and the back cap on his head and a much better hunter than a seagull ) working the bait fish which were smallish whitebait. Sometimes you get lucky and find a scool of tailor or salmon or slimey mackerel feeding and you can catch a lot quickley wih a small silver slice. We were using Yakka and Tailor ( Live and dead ). Wish I had some mullet! I saw a few at the boat ramp and was very tempted to use my sarmies to get a few.

As far as spots go I think once we have met you and got to know you, you will find there will be a lot of sharing of spots. I think that finding your own Jewie spot is half the game. Study the system and look for the holes and the eddies and if possible try and think like a fish! I can tell you half a dozen spots but you have to learn how to fish them. The blokes who taught me used to laugh at how I fished those spots. But by trial and error you learn and can get there.

cheers

inhlanzi