Narrabeen Lakes

pk-fishn

well gday guys.

havent fished the lake in about 4 odd onths but this was one of my worst sessions ever when it comes to flathead. i started out scanning the entrance which was dominated by rather large stingrays! so anyone wading around the entrance be very careful as there is about half a dozen of them.

went to ocean street bridge and flicked a 3' bass minnow in wartermelon/pearl for succes on many undersized bream around 20cm and a couple of legals at 25 and 27 cm. then flicked around the bilarong reserve area went up and down the shore changing lure stlye, colours and sizes all to no avail on the flathead front, then tied on a sx40 and had some nice whiting about 20-30cm on my lure and some tiny bream following. tried deep creek, middle creek and must have covered half the area of the lake with lures all firing at weedy edges and sandy/rocky shallows yet alll to no avail on the flathead front.

not a very good session but it was unusaul as from the bilarong reserve are almost every session i wil get two flatties over 45cm. they were very quite and there was a noticibale absence of fish and even smaller bait fish which are normally flooding the areas. flatties were very quite could be due to the water temp, maybe the water level, i dono but thats fishing!

just to add i saw what looked very much like an estuary cod in middle creek it was a juvenile and it was sitting almost vertical looking up to the trees. an unusaul sight for me!

chers pk

Edited by pk-fishn

bad luck pk.

it has been a little slow lately. i caught 4 flatties in 2 hours this morning. 2 legal size over near the pittwater bridge. still...a day on the lake is better than most.

it'll only get better from here on in.