Weather Forecasts

varos1911

Hi to all!

Im a new member of this forum and i sure enjoy reading peoples reviews.

A ver good thing about this forum is there are no tossers :yahoo:

You always manage to find tossers on public forums but there seems not to be any on this one.

Now i would like some help if anyone good be any assistance to me.

Last few weeks i have been fishing off the Beaches and rocks (Captain Cook Bridge,Cronulla - Wanda,Maroubra)and all to no avail!I think the biggest problem was the weather - WIND!

Now i am shocking in understanding the forecasts as i have no clue the speed of these ocean knots and directions :ranting2:

I gather the information i look at is the Sydney Closed Waters,Pittwater, Port Jackson and Botany Bay!

I hope i am correct, could someone please explain to me when are the best times to go out when the forecast is correct and when it is not!

A good example would be today!

I really do get :ranting2::ranting2: off when i go almost everyday and i find the weather is absoultley shocking

Cheers Fellas

:05: Mate nearly everytime that I get my boat in the water the bloody wind arrives, as a matter of fact my car rego plates are WW and my mates reckon that it means WIND WARNING.

The best job in the world is guessing the weather.

Anyhow you soon get used to the conditions and enjoy the better times.

Regards

gafmo

Hey, Varos, welcome to the site. The best way to fish in the wind is to find somewhere like a headland or the like which gives you some protection. Any wind speed up to about 10knots is comfortable to fish in but over that it gets a bit crappy. An easy way to learn which direction the wind is coming from is to have a look at any building or bridge with flags on it and you can tell which way the wind is blowing. Simple but effective.

Good luck and good fishing.

:1welcomeani: to the site mate.

Thanks for the praise. We do our best.

The best way to beat the wind is fish around the times when the fish are most active as well. Very early morning & late afternoons into the night. In summer the nor'easters usually don't start blowing 'till around 10.a.m & knock off just after dark. So early mornings or night sessions are the go.

You could also try fishing in spots where the wind can assist you by being at your back or only slightly across you. It takes time to work out but it's well worth it.

Cheers & enjoy your time on the site.

Grant.

:1welcomeani: to the site mate.

Thanks for the praise. We do our best.

The best way to beat the wind is fish around the times when the fish are most active as well. Very early morning & late afternoons into the night. In summer the nor'easters usually don't start blowing 'till around 10.a.m & knock off just after dark. So early mornings or night sessions are the go.

You could also try fishing in spots where the wind can assist you by being at your back or only slightly across you. It takes time to work out but it's well worth it.

Cheers & enjoy your time on the site.

Grant.

what he said, pretty spot on there and how i like to do it also.