The Cape {warming Up..}pics

Guest danielinbyron

Guest danielinbyron

Well my report is limited to the cape as we haven't been out in the boat since the boys had there first fishless trip a couple of weeks ago.. Lots of dodgie weather and family commitments on the good days..

I took some photos of the cape so anyone interested can pm me about spots and marine park zones etc..

The next two days after i posted a big trev {for round here} last week went off .. which is a change probably due to warmer water... more trevs a great dawn sesh landing about ten big eye a couple of gts and my mate got dun by 2 gts...

but big chops within casting distance ... u know how it feels..

Then next day ,, the old morning or afternoon thing happened , pain in the bum... but i've noticed if you go down at dawn and its dead but looks perfect,,, go back at dusk.... problem is can't pick it til ya climb on round and fish it..

And due to having to look after myself a bit for a while , those dawn starts well they take a bit outo me.

Next day sunday a couple of trevs gts and our first tailor in ages... jelly fish everywhere and my mate got a lure spat at him by a rat kingy..trying to lift it..

I landed one yesterday sent him back with a fat lip got a couple of tailor put a big hook and stinger in one of em and suffered thru the northerly for an mt bag to carry up the hill...

Thing is the waters warming up and the big kings'll be here soon as long as those sydney guys haven't taught them too much about poppers and blades .. there should be some good reports to come..

oh yeah went hard on getting a jew ... not there mate..

shots .. ledge from top..

ewan on to the rat that spat the blade

me with trev after a sneaky cover up{wave} on previous fish that spat it

post-1693-1159876063_thumb.jpg

post-1693-1159876100_thumb.jpg

Edited by danielinbyron

Guest danielinbyron

couldn't fittem all .. yeah got drenched by a sneaky wave , perfectly safe just uncomfy...nice lookin water.. you'd think a fat ol jew might poke his head in..but ahhh no not today son..

george and his dad ..fishin the dirty water after the hurricane .... top blokes..

post-1693-1159876364_thumb.jpg

post-1693-1159876394_thumb.jpg

Edited by danielinbyron

Guest danielinbyron

Yep - says it all about them.

But back to Danielinbyron's post, how far up off the water were you fishing to get swamped like that? That ledge looked too high for a rogue wave.

cheers

Mysterythecat

i'd just dropped a fish and/ one {well it was wind chop really} broke on the face of the ledge..just got me wet no force or anything....not a high ledge hey maybe 4-6ft front sloping to 12 -15ft at back...plenty of room to run.. that particular ledge gets closed out with any real swell but there are plenty to chose from from same goat track down... a few have been closed now due to marine park... bit silly and near impossible to police but ....

cheers.d

ps the great thing about this spot is you can spot fish and or gutters from the walking track at the top of the lighthouse.. we have huge shifting sands and shores in this area which changes with every storm or huge swel or current.. you can also check these from the top maybe jump back in the car and take off or walk round and climb down to ledge pictured .. there are about 15 different ledges at the foot of the light house all facing and shaped differently...you can maybe see a fat jewy or some tuna chopping or schools of kingies or tailor and choose your destination... its a pretty tough climb back with fish and we don't get bait schools like you do at maybe the tubes or Illuka as often..

Edited by danielinbyron