South Coast

abiasin

Hi guys,

was pretty bored last night so a mate and i decided to head down the coast to flick some soft plastics about and boy were we in for a great session action wise.

Firts cast my mate was on and for the next hour we must have caught every yellowtail and pike in the water. Unfortunately we couldnt get any bream as the baitfish were absolutley smashing the plastics before we even had a chance to start retrieving. Every plastic and metal slice thrown out came back with a fish on it, one yellowtail even grabbed my slice which was bigger than him. I can definately say ive never experienced a feeding frenzy like this its a shamer they wernt table fish.

All in all around 30 fish were landed in the space of around 1 and a half hours with countless others lost.

We sent out a couple of little yellowtail we caught a livies but not much action resulted, only one came back with some marks on it but other than that nothing on the livies.

We did however feed one of the resident seals who loved the pike we gave him for a feed, the little bastard was ripping him to pieces putting on quite a show for us.

Cant wait to hit the south coast again this week the water seems very warm down there and will be interested to see if the kingies are on the prowl.

Sorry no pics this time as i didnt take the camera as we were fishing the rocks.