Wednesday Syd Off

SPARKY

Hi all Raiders

My first report but hear goes.

Got to Meadow bank ramp about 530 am with a mate (Deniz) from work (not a fisher)

Headed for the heads. As we passed south head put my mate at the helm so I

Could rig a couple of lours. Went over to north head to find schools of salmon

Got my first hook-up after about 10 minutes. Landed a good size salmon around 80 cm

Set the lures again and this time put my mate on the rod, the next hook-up took a while

Because there were a few other boats around us so we stayed wide if the school and

Most of the other boats were casting at the school. (I did get pissed off with a couple

Of them as they would race up to the school flat out and then STOP in front of me? For two

Reasons firstly it would scare the fish and make them dive and secondly I would have to change corse

To avoid my lours catching their boat) THAT’S MY BITCH Back to the fishing. We hooked up again

And Deniz is having a ball got the fish to the boat to see him go for another run under the boat.

Hooks gave way and he was free. (Denz is not happy) Set again and we are on again. Again Denz is on the fight but yet again lost after a leap out of the water, Set again yet another Hook-up and Finally

He lands his first Salmon. AND IN HIS WORDS THE BIGGEST FISH HE HAS EVER CAUGHT.

Decided that was enough fun time to get into some serious Bottom Bouncing (SNAPPER)

Headed out to Whale OFF DEE WHY about 120 feet First drift nothing, back to the start.

Second drift I was on BUT NOT SNAPPER finally get some colour to see a 63cm Tiger Flattie UMMMM

Denz netted. 5 minuets later and he's on (at first he tried to rip the head off the fish) Slow down mate

I said. A few minutes later Another Flattie hits the surface this one is Bigger about 70 cm. And quickly netted.

Deinz is stoked.

A few more drifts and nothing but sweep and 1 mowrie rass, so I decided to move to Murphy's

A couple of drifts and nothing, I think den got a bitt board as I heard a strange noise and looked over and here he is laying down on the bench with his legs up on the transom SNORING (MUST HAVE BEEN THE EARLY START) I left him and proceeded to bait and drop again. I was sitting there enjoying the reason I bought a boat (Relaxation) and BANG, Dens rod is bent over in the rod holder I dashed to the back of the boat and grabbed it, My first thought was this a GOOD SNAPPER as it hit like a steam train. Finally got it to the surface and yes ti was a SNAPPER but not as big as first thought around 50 cm however a good fish and

Worth Keeping (HAD TO WAKE DENIZ UP TO NET IT) Then he had the hide to claim the fish, as it was his rod

SOME PEOPLE. Decided to call it a day around 1.30 PM All in all a great day.

PS. Deniz Misses packed lunch for us, ITEMISED

Box of JATZ Cubed Cheese, Cabanossi Sliced (Would have feed 10)

1 Hole Chicken, Lattice, coleslaw, Tomato (Sliced)

10 Slices of Devon

1 Large packet of cashews

6 plain bread rolls

6-sesame Brea droll

Assorted packets of chips.

And I took a kilo of Fresh prawns

We could have fed at lease 10 Raiders

Tuffey (fellow raider) also called to get an update on the catch about 1pm (he was so jealous as he was at work)

sounds like you gad a great day out there,,

and its a great thing to always pack heaps of food and drink as you never know what can happen out there,,

i was fishing with a mate a few years ago and we headed out side i think from memory it was about 7 or so kays and we were only meant to stay out a few hours but the fishing was the best i have ever seen and we stayed out there bot 7 hours so the extra food always comes in handy

Hi all Raiders

My first report but hear goes.

Got to Meadow bank ramp about 530 am with a mate (Deniz) from work (not a fisher)

Headed for the heads. As we passed south head put my mate at the helm so I

Could rig a couple of lours. Went over to north head to find schools of salmon

Got my first hook-up after about 10 minutes. Landed a good size salmon around 80 cm

Set the lures again and this time put my mate on the rod, the next hook-up took a while

Because there were a few other boats around us so we stayed wide if the school and

Most of the other boats were casting at the school. (I did get pissed off with a couple

Of them as they would race up to the school flat out and then STOP in front of me? For two

Reasons firstly it would scare the fish and make them dive and secondly I would have to change corse

To avoid my lours catching their boat) THAT’S MY BITCH Back to the fishing. We hooked up again

And Deniz is having a ball got the fish to the boat to see him go for another run under the boat.

Hooks gave way and he was free. (Denz is not happy) Set again and we are on again. Again Denz is on the fight but yet again lost after a leap out of the water, Set again yet another Hook-up and Finally

He lands his first Salmon. AND IN HIS WORDS THE BIGGEST FISH HE HAS EVER CAUGHT.

Decided that was enough fun time to get into some serious Bottom Bouncing (SNAPPER)

Headed out to Whale OFF DEE WHY about 120 feet First drift nothing, back to the start.

Second drift I was on BUT NOT SNAPPER finally get some colour to see a 63cm Tiger Flattie UMMMM

Denz netted. 5 minuets later and he's on (at first he tried to rip the head off the fish) Slow down mate

I said. A few minutes later Another Flattie hits the surface this one is Bigger about 70 cm. And quickly netted.

Deinz is stoked.

A few more drifts and nothing but sweep and 1 mowrie rass, so I decided to move to Murphy's

A couple of drifts and nothing, I think den got a bitt board as I heard a strange noise and looked over and here he is laying down on the bench with his legs up on the transom SNORING (MUST HAVE BEEN THE EARLY START) I left him and proceeded to bait and drop again. I was sitting there enjoying the reason I bought a boat (Relaxation) and BANG, Dens rod is bent over in the rod holder I dashed to the back of the boat and grabbed it, My first thought was this a GOOD SNAPPER as it hit like a steam train. Finally got it to the surface and yes ti was a SNAPPER but not as big as first thought around 50 cm however a good fish and

Worth Keeping (HAD TO WAKE DENIZ UP TO NET IT) Then he had the hide to claim the fish, as it was his rod

SOME PEOPLE. Decided to call it a day around 1.30 PM All in all a great day.

PS. Deniz Misses packed lunch for us, ITEMISED

Box of JATZ Cubed Cheese, Cabanossi Sliced (Would have feed 10)

1 Hole Chicken, Lattice, coleslaw, Tomato (Sliced)

10 Slices of Devon

1 Large packet of cashews

6 plain bread rolls

6-sesame Brea droll

Assorted packets of chips.

And I took a kilo of Fresh prawns

We could have fed at lease 10 Raiders

Tuffey (fellow raider) also called to get an update on the catch about 1pm (he was so jealous as he was at work)

Good days fishing.

Deniz Misses sounds like a gem. I wish i could get a days fishing ration like that. Cheers!