Lane Cove Rive Bass

FletcherG1991

i have heard there are good bass in the LCR is this true ? are there EP ? i know fishing is not permited down near the weir and stuff but is that where the bass go cause i have read that people have fished there and got decent fish ? and any help with fishing for them in there LB

thanks,

FletcherG1991

They are in there & they get bloody big as well. There was a fish kill about 2 years ago & they lost around 40 bass. Some of them were 4kgs!

They are not easy to catch. The best way is from a paddle only canoe or kayak. You can fish down to the boatshed in a watercraft. On foot you can fish from, I think area 7, which is Fiddens Wharf Road.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Grant.

There are definately bass there, but they are pretty cagey. I've only caught 2 there from more trips than I care to remember.

Land based you can only fish west of roughly Fiddens Wharf. There are signs posted on the park entrance road. It's pretty tough going being land based as there are only a few spots you can get to the water and get casts in.

Better off in a Kayak or canoe. You can hire them on weekends (not sure about midweek) from the boatshed. If in a yak you can't fish downstream of the boatshed. It's also lure and fly only and catch & release only.

There are very good reasons why they restrict fishing in the fresh water part of the LCR so much, and it's because the bass population is really struggling in this section from years of polluted water, the wier and the huge carp population in there. :thumbdown:

There are EP's downstream of the weir, but I've never caught one. Again yaks or canoes are the best way to fish this section.

Good luck, Clarkie.

i have been wanting to get a bass for a while and seeming i live so close to LCR i thought i may aswell give it a go..... i had alook where you could fish and ther area is all tucked away in the bush and looks abit dodgey..... i kayak might be the way to go..... any idea on what lures work well on them ? ..... so there are bass upstream but they are mainly down stream near the weir..... am i following this correctly :wacko: ?

well to my suprise..... a park that is just donr the road from me has about 50m of bush then the river..... wish i knew about that sooner :05: so ill head down there from now one :thumbup: are the EP and Bass around in numbers but just shy ? and are there any other fresh water species that i might catch

thanks for the help guys,

FletcherG1991

PS. i was thinking about manly dam but ..... A) its a fair way away and B) i dont know where it is in manly and C) buy goldens do you meen Golden Perch ? i didn't know they where in sydney

Edited by FletcherG1991

No that would not hold any bass sorry mate, but can I have some specific directions on how to get to that spot I arrhhhhh want to catch some tadpoles.............yeah ummmmm tadpoles :biggrin2:

Get down there and have a go fletch Im sure it would be fun exploring the area. Good Luck

No that would not hold any bass sorry mate, but can I have some specific directions on how to get to that spot I arrhhhhh want to catch some tadpoles.............yeah ummmmm tadpoles :biggrin2:

Get down there and have a go fletch Im sure it would be fun exploring the area. Good Luck

is that a 'yes' ? lol ..... i was down there today and was so happy i got a place right up the road (and through the bush for about 50m) anyway i was looking in the water and there was a bearded dragon about 4 foot away..... it amazing what you can find in the bush ..... never seen one so close :biggrin2:

if you want to know where this place is ill tell you..... i need some fishing buddies lol

is that a 'yes' ? lol ..... i was down there today and was so happy i got a place right up the road (and through the bush for about 50m) anyway i was looking in the water and there was a bearded dragon about 4 foot away..... it amazing what you can find in the bush ..... never seen one so close :biggrin2:

if you want to know where this place is ill tell you..... i need some fishing buddies lol

There are heaps of those dragons down there. I've had to move a few times when they start chasing the lures. :1prop:

Good luck with the spot Fletch.

Fletch,

you should catch some bass in there, and if there are know bass then you may catch bream or flathead if the water is a bit salty

i think i reckonise that place, is it FW- i dont mean freshwater by any chance?

what are ep's and how far upstreme are they found? blue hole?

any more goss on the body? i herd about that too but thoiugh it was a rumour