Beaches 4/10

Trouble

Plan was to chase jews again out of the suds with the high tide close to dusk, with a few fresh slimey mackeral and one fresh mullet got set up at around 5pm.. usually like to get down the a little later closer to dusk as the pickers seem to move on but i was quite eager to get amongst a few fish, so dad and I punhced out a butterflied slimey each and waited!!

15 mins later dad thinks he has snagged a piece of solid weed and proceeds to bring it in and when it got to the shore break he realised that he had a stinky scumbo on the end of the line and probably for some time as it had swallowed the big bait so deep it karked it..

Just on dusk i hooked up solid on what felt like a good sambo but it didnt give me to much grief even for its size and was released to fight another day..We both waited will dark and threw out another bait and waited, waited, waited for not even a run but thats fishing!!

We will be down there again in a few nights time to give them another shot!!

Cheers,

Rob

post-76-1160046029_thumb.jpg

post-76-1160046044_thumb.jpg

Nice work Trouble.

A workmate and I popped down to North Narrabeen tonight (5/10) to find the lagoon has been dozed up and closed off with a big sand dam. I was totally underprepared to fish the beach as I only brought along my 7 foot bream stick with Capricorn 1500 reel and 8 pound braid. I thought Id give the beach a go, with the big tide at 6:30 or so, and not a drop of wind...there were some deep gutters to try.

I hooked up just after dark and got a couple of big runs that shook the washers off the capricorn.

Ended up landing a nice fat sambo, around 50 cm to the fork and guessing 3ish kilos. Teh rod and reel really got a workout and it was a great result considering I thought I was under gunned for beach fishing.

We packed up about 8:30 and headed off as the Southerly blew in.

Salmon caught on squid strips, and upon cleaning this keeper, I found cuttle bone and cuttle fish in its belly. So the sambos like squid after all.

Good effort mate,would of been a blast on that gear.. We were meant to go on the thursday aswell but i slept half the day thinking the noreaster was going to blast all night long the thus meaning we had no fresh bait for the night, not to worry as we will be down there sunday night to slay a jew or two :thumbup: