Swansea

swansea_fisho

Gday guys & gals,

Took a run outside with four mates onboard. Very windy and we were getting thrown around everywhere. Pulled into Caves beach and burleyied up over the reef the current was roaring. We gave a burleying and plonked a few baits on the bottom. All the usual stuff Wrasse, Red rockies and managed a few legal snapper and a small mowie. Going to try again this arvo as the winds meant to drop later on.

Cheers Guys

Steve

Gday guys & gals,

Took a run outside with four mates onboard. Very windy and we were getting thrown around everywhere. Pulled into Caves beach and burleyied up over the reef the current was roaring. We gave a burleying and plonked a few baits on the bottom. All the usual stuff Wrasse, Red rockies and managed a few legal snapper and a small mowie. Going to try again this arvo as the winds meant to drop later on.

Cheers Guys

Steve

well done!

any sign of the dollies?

Gday all,

A much better session then the morning, its amazing how the wind can change. Got back out on the water just after 3pm hardly a breath of wind. Spent four hours bottom bashing at The Farm approximately 18km out. First few drops leatherjackets, which was a bit worrying but after 3 were caught the school decided to bugger off and leave us in peace hehe. Had three other blokes onboard and I no time a triple hook up on reefies which left me holding my rod at the front of the boat looking a bit :wacko: and my mates carrying on like silly buggers :074: . Mate number 1 had his fish in the boat first a nice Blurter 42cm was a great fish. :thumbup: Mate number 2 &3 were at a dead heat a smaller Trevor and a Goatfish :1yikes: . Had never seen one or even heard of one until about a week ago until I got my first up at Forster and mate number 3 getting one today :wacko: . I got some revenge on the boys in a matter of minutes I had hooked up to my first fish. Turned out to be a double header of a Sea perch and a Nannygai both fish decent size too and was my first Sea Perch in a while :thumbup:

Headed in at 7:30 after a great late afternoon session.

We finished the day with 21 Keepers between four blokes. 6 trevally, biggest went at 49cm. 4 Sea Perch, biggest at 40cm. 3 Nannygai, biggest at 38cm.2 Mowies, biggest 45cm. 1 Goatfish, 40cm. 1 Reddie,37cm. 3 jackets not even gonna bother :074: and a 52cm Trag my mate Kevs first.

Cheers guys

Steve

R_Zee no sign of any Dollies mate. Stopped off at my homemade fad as we headed out this arvo. Nobody home :wacko:

That is a top days fishing Steve,

Bad luck on the Dollies, somehow I don't think it will be all that long and they will be here in numbers.

Regards

Paul.