Port Stevens

Gaff

Good day Raiders, im heading up to Port Stevens on the Friday the 20th

with the RSL fishing club to do a couple of days of bottom bashing,

we normally fish down at Woollongong, so i was wondering is the fishing

much different up there. (ie type of fish caught)

any input would be appreciated.

ps Everbody have a top weekend.

Gaff

Gday Gaff

I was just up there last wkend. Went on a charter, and spewed my guts out. I got no sea legs yet.

We headed outside the heads to a few reefs around the islands and we were after snapper. Due to the big swell we only picked up 2 legal snapper between 12 people.

Around the islands and reef - snapper, mowies.

Drift inside the heads around sand flats for flounder.

Hope you have better luck!

Kantong

Edited by kantong

Guest Big-Banana

Expect it too be like anywhere else, I love the place. We put in some hard work last time a Broughton and brang home some ripper Snapper and Squid.

I fished their today around the 3 close islands. We got a few legal table fish, but didnt set the world on fire.

My best advice would be to make the trip to broughton island, as Big Banana said, you can catch some great fish their, doing it alot easier then the 3 close islands or fingal.

there's still Tailor and Salmon off the beaches and around the washes, Bream and Whiting on the beaches as well with the same up the estuary, especially around the oyster racks, plenty of luderick off the breakwall in the bay as well as off the ocean rocks where Bream and Black Drummer to 3 kgs are lurking. You could expect to get the odd Jew off the beach as well as just west of Middle Island in the harbour at the top and bottom of the tides also around the bridges (livies for best results). Fish the close islands outside for Snapper, mate got one 20lb last week fishing the washes with softies. Squid in the protected bays outside.

Outside reports are little sketchy lately but will know more after this weekend. Water is 19 deg and clear as a bell so all should be good for fishing over the short term. and yeah plenty of ljs on some reefs. Good reports of snapper catches coming from around Broughton, but you don't have to go that far to get them.

Good day Raiders, im heading up to Port Stevens on the Friday the 20th

with the RSL fishing club to do a couple of days of bottom bashing,

we normally fish down at Woollongong, so i was wondering is the fishing

much different up there. (ie type of fish caught)

any input would be appreciated.

ps Everbody have a top weekend.

Gaff

Try Port Stephens, much nicer place. :):)