Brooker Boats

coollamon

Hey fellow fishraiders

I am looking at buying a 460 brooker boat with a 50hp 2stroke and was wondering if any of you own 1

or if you could tell me what they are like as a fishing boat?

It looks the goods to me but I am unsure

anyhelp would be great

Coollamon

Hey Mate!

My brother purchased a 4.1M Brooker fisherman with a 30hp, on it last year! He is very happy with it(Brooker). I fish with him regularly and its a tough, stable platform to fish from mate!

We both happily give brooker the big thumbs UP! :1prop::1prop::1prop:

Oh an we have had this boat out in 2-3M swells too,,,,, handles it VERRRY easily!

Dan and Greg

ive got the 410 brooker - excellent value for the money, except they do lack a little in attention to detail (mainly interior stuff) compared to the qunnies/stacers etc. the 460 has the pod and is alot wider at the back - could fish 3 across. which dealer are you looking at?

I had a really good at them recently and they are very marginally less beamy than the allycraft/stacer/quinnies and as previously mentioned arent quite trimmed to the same level interiorwise.

But they are about the best value for money I have seen after about 6 months of full-on research as I intend to upgrade the tinnie next year.

GT

Have you guys looked at the SeaJay brand? Built in Bundaberg,Qld. I'm on my second. Started with a 4.15 Magnum to match a 25 Jonno I already had, and have upgraded to 4.55 with 40 Honda for more room. Just as good value 4 money as the Brooker but come with a range of optional extras ie; wide side decks, rear step, inside pockets etc.

My 4.55 is 2.1mtrs across the beam.

One of the deepest tinnies on the market

Dealer here in sydney is Family Boats at Blacktown - 9622 0222

I will try and post some pics of mine for you to get an idea.

Russ

hi fellow fishraiders

coollagirl here

just looking at finding a boat dealer who sells Brooker 460 freedom rang heaps of places never thought it would be so difficult if anyone knows of any dealers who do manufacture these particular boats would be helpfull.

cheers

coollagirl :1fishing1:

new south wales Brooker dealers.

Abby's Autos

290 Princes Highway

South Nowra NSW 2541

Ph: 02 4422 5150

Andrew Short Marine

1C Box Road

Taren Point NSW 2229

Ph: 02 9524 2699

Anglers Marine & Sports

Unit 3, 289 Princes Highway

Unanderra NSW 2526

Ph: 02 4271 1422

Belmont Affordable Boats

400 Pacific Highway

Belmont NSW 2280

Ph: 02 4947 0055

Coffs Harbour Marine

10 Alison Street

Coffs Harbour NSW 2450

Ph: 02 6652 4722

Cowra Marine

29 Grenfell Road

Cowra NSW 2794

Ph: 02 6342 2904

Croydon Marine

62 Parramatta Road

Croydon NSW 2132

Ph: 02 9744 2144

Go Boating

Cnr Charles & Terminus Streets

Liverpool NSW 2170

Ph: 02 9601 3022

Kingfisher Marine

19 Graham Street

Narooma NSW 2546

Ph: 02 4476 1593

Micks of Ulladulla

140 St Vincents Street

Ulladulla NSW 2539

Ph: 02 4455 7500

Penrith Marine

4/133 Coreen Avenue

Penrith NSW 2750

Ph: 02 4731 6250

Queanbeyan Marine

20 Yass Road

Queanbeyan NSW 2620

Ph: 02 6297 5457

Sorro's Outboards

Lot 2 Railway Crescent

Lisarow NSW 2250

Ph: 02 4328 2801

Twin Townes Marine

79 Boundary Street

Forster NSW 2428

Ph: 02 6555 2303

Hi there,

it's funny you should ask.....I am selling a Brooker Sea'Al with a 40hp mariner.

Boat and motor are 1998 model with 135hrs on it.

Selling for $12,000 ono.

I've just posted it earlier today, but can't the pics uploaded.

If you want pics, email me and i'll send them.

I have list the boat on ebay as well, so you can see the pics there too.

They are great boats. Nice and light, easy to tow and drive. I usually fish the broken bay

area, and often sit off Lion Island, or drift in towards Patonga. Never had a problem.

I am selling as i have found a larger "family" boat.

Regards,

Taps.

Hey coolamon

just thought i would add my input.......

I've had my Brooker 4.5m Side console for 12months now & i am very happy with it.

They are a tough , no nonsense outfit & great value for money, but as mentioned in other posts, do lack a little in the spit & shine dept as compared to quinnies & stacers etc.

I have a 40hp Yammie 2stroke & with 3 average sized blokes still manages around 42km/hr

Its nice and beamy, with plenty of storage & room to move.

Its a breeze to launch & retrieve by myself

it will handle light offshore with ease as well as being able to get up some shallow creeks .

Ive fitted a 55l underfloor fuel tank & a livie tank

all in all ,it serves my purposes perfectly & was within the budget i had to play with.

it tows easliy behind a family six & have also towed it behind wifes 2.0l 4cyl.

i purchased at belmont afordable boats (near newcastle) they were good to deal with.

hope this helps

Dave

Hey fellow fishraiders

I am looking at buying a 460 brooker boat with a 50hp 2stroke and was wondering if any of you own 1

or if you could tell me what they are like as a fishing boat?

It looks the goods to me but I am unsure

anyhelp would be great

Coollamon

My Brooker is a 5.25m discovery centre console and for me is extremly practical with its simlicity

Hey, dflanno, what sort of tank did you get for the u'floor? I've got a SeaJay 4.55 and I am in the process of changing the floor from 3/4 to a full width floor but I still can't get enough clearance under the floor for any tank that I've looked at. I've checked the stainless cruise tank and the plastic ones but they are still too deep by about 60cms. Does your floor sit exactly on the chine line or is it higher.

Russ

hi fellow fishraiders

coollagirl here

just looking at finding a boat dealer who sells Brooker 460 freedom rang heaps of places never thought it would be so difficult if anyone knows of any dealers who do manufacture these particular boats would be helpfull.

cheers

coollagirl :1fishing1:

if youre in inner sydney croydon marine (details in above post) are great to deal with, you dont get all the typical sales bs, and the guys really know their stuff, although the place is a little daggy.

Gday Tuffy,

I got a mate to make me a custom aluminium tank to my specifications.

it was made in a vee configuration and wide enough to fit between the floor stringers.

I made a drawing in paint,which i gave to him & it came out spot on.

It cost me about $350 @ mates rates, but well worth it.

The deck fill, breather & fill hose cost about $60

I also fitted a teleflex fuel sender which was compatible with the yamaha digital multifunction gauge,which gives speed, fuel level,range etc and so far has been pretty accurate.

Dave

Hi Dave, I thought that's what you may have done. Are you Sydney based and more the point, does your mate who built the tank want another good mate?????????

Have you got pics of this that you could send me. I wouldn't mind having a look. I live at Ryde and work at Brookvale.

This sounds like exactly what I need for my boat, but whenever I talk to some of these ally fabricators they talk telephone numbers for the pricing, like $700 to $800.