Thoughts On A Friday Evening

stricko4

Hi Raiders,

Working on the lower Nth Shore has some advantages even when I live out near Liverpool. It makes for the perfect excuse to pack some gear on a Friday & take the opportunity for a detour on the way home. The :wife: thinks it's a good idea too which is great news. I usually throw a line in down at Greenwich near the Sailing Club & watch the sun set & the city lights come on while tryng to catch SOMETHING but that is not the aim of my Friday evening sessions. Good thing too becuse I've never had much luck. However yesterday I thouht things had changed when on my first cast a nice 25cm bream scoffed the nipper I had thrown out. Great I thought I'm finally going to have some luck with the fish. But it was not to be. 2 1/2 hours later & even though I'd fed them pretty well no other fish wanted to take the hook. Not to worry. After a chat to a 3 or 4 guys who regularly turn up on Fridays I found out I wasn't alone in the no fish dept. Looks like they weren't worried about that either though as catching fish on their Friday evening sessions is just considered a bonus. It's more about the peaceful relaxation of just baiting a hook brings after a week working in the hussle & busstle of our biggest city. How bloody fantastic is it that we can so easily wander down to the best harbour in the world & do just this. Catching fish is just makes it that little bit more memorable.