Botany Bay Sambo 7th Oct

impulse

Afternoon all,

My wife, 4yo son and I hit the water about 7:45am (bit late) and straight over to the oil wharf and anchored about 25m from the wharf (yes i know)

Set the new berley mix I prep'd last week and floated a lightly weighted peeled prawn to drift under the wharf.

We caught a few Sweeps and as I was in the middle of removing a hook from his eye my 4lb'er went off, I dropped the sweep (sorry) and grabbed the little Shimano 2000 and let it sing. There wasn't much I could do given it was 4lb, only to keep the pressure on the line.

10 min into the fight we spotted the yellow Maritime boat heading along the wharf telling people to head 100m off the wharf. They came in about 15m away and saw the fight, the guy said "after you land that one move back" yes was my answer and to their credit they backed off and gave us room.

20min later and with a wharf full of workers it jumped out the water to show us it was a Sambo. In it came slowly and with the wife at the ready with the net we landed it. My wife was so nervous as the guys kept singing out "don't miss it”.

So with a cheer from the guys on the wharf, we had a 65cm Salmon landed with a 4lb line, Great fun and to have it jump was just like the TV.

post-1711-1160203641_thumb.jpg

post-1711-1160203854_thumb.jpg

Edited by impulse

u did better then me today, all i picked up was sweep sweep, trevaly more sweep and an anchor(read my report :1prop: )

what was the sambo caught on?

Rod: Shimano 662 Spin ET Limited Edition

Reel: Shimano Aernos 2000

Line: 4lb Fireline (Smoke)

Jig: Basic running sinker, No 2 Long BaitHolder (Mastad) with a small (2g) ball sinker.

Bait: whole peeled prawn

And thanks to all the great comments, it was fun

Edited by impulse