Putney Sat Morning

Blood Knot

Hi Raiders -

Up early this morning to fish the high around Putney area landbased. 5-30am 8-30am.

Caught 3 x Flatties and a Bream about 30cm at the first spot (worked hard for the Bream lots of hits but couldnt hook up). Bit despondant with the action (too much mental energy on self examination of poor technique I expect). Jumped in the car and moved around the shoreline in the Gladesville direction.

:biggrin2: Whako 1st and 2nd casts got avg whiting and small Taylor 10 mins later Bream about 34cms, then another about the same size, then more 2 more flatties 35 & 55. Finsished with another bream at 33cm and last one a cracker at about 39-40cm. Pictured. (Just realised my tape measure has no markings for 25 mm from the starting end, so I have been short changing my self on measuring for some time):1prop:

Reckon this spot was good for a few more but ran out of 6 inch gulp camo worms and swapped over to Hawgs and other softies for a few hits but no hook ups. would have sold my sole for another packet. (could have been around tide direction change too, now that I think about it).

Dropped in at Ottos on the way home and grossly over compensated for lack of planning with the gulp worms, so have now got plenty of ammo (and lighter wallet) should I be able to hall myself out of bed for anther go tommorow.

Good luck to all other Raiders wetting a line this weekend.

John

post-99-1160221768_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blood Knot

awesome work mate! How have you been fishing those worms?

Ive used the red coloured ones for no success. Ive fished it like normal bait, just like the pack says, but no touches. Be interested in how other ppl use it.

Back on topic: Thats an awesome catch of fish! Congrats

Kantong

awesome work mate! How have you been fishing those worms?

Ive used the red coloured ones for no success. Ive fished it like normal bait, just like the pack says, but no touches. Be interested in how other ppl use it.

Back on topic: Thats an awesome catch of fish! Congrats

Kantong

Kantong - I prefer the camo worms to the red ones (may be I have just been extra lucky with the camo's). I have not read the back of the pack, so cannot comment on "using like normal bait"

Personally I like to cut about 2" of the head or thicker end, just a personal preference but otherwise the hook is too far from the tail (for my liking). Generally fish them on Nitro 1/16oz x No1 hook- but thats dependant on other stuff to some extent. Like to twitch them a fair bit, as part of slow stop-start retrieve.

Find they often get taken on the descent or while off the bottom, so you might wonder if its all that neccessary to make them imitate what you might think a sandworm normally does and may be just work em up and down the water column a bit similar to a Flathead retrieve.

Have also found a fresh gulp is heaps more attractive to fish than one thats say 20 casts old. Reckon they must give up there scent quality over that time and become a bit less attractive/effective in the process.

Have just bought some ot the 4Gulp 4 " eels so may be able to dispenese with the cutting process.

Good luck with em mate, there a top product IMO

John