Boat Lighting

Bucket

Hi Raiders,

I have been doing some night fishing in the boat of late and I have realised that holding a torch in one hand and trying to get the hooks out from an upset fish is just not something I'm skilled at. :wacko:

So, I have decided I need some sort of lighting in the boat to light up the floor when needed. I ways thinking of putting some 30cm fluro's under the gunnels which should provide enough light.

Anyone done something similar??

Would appreciate any ideas or suggestions. :thumbup:

Thanks Guys...

Stephen.

Guest claudia

Hi

Have you tried a cap light?

This light sits on the top of your cap, and has 5 led lights.

Please come and see as at our store.

They retails for $12.00

what type of boat is it?

If its a half cabin you could set-up some deck lights, but these will drain your battery very fast.

The best idea would be geting a headlamp(as claudia said) I have bought a few off ebay for around ten bucks but they all seem to break(must be the salt).

i am considering buying a more branded one in the 3 figures$$$

Guest claudia

I have had mine for 2 years now and i have had no problems,

come in and have a look and test them out. Its not a headlamp but this light is attached to your caplight,better than your headlamps.

Edited by claudia

bunnings have portable 2 feet long lights - you plug them in 240v at home to recharge the enclosed battery - light last for 4 hours - cost about $50.00

I use 2 different lights in the boat , a $25 fluro that runs off one of the batteries , I have it on a long lead , and can place it anywhere in the boat where I need light. It uses stuff all power , and throws a terrific light. The other light is an LED wand that I picked up from one of those el cheapo shops for $19 , it is 240/12 V rechargeable and one charge will run it for over 12 hours . It also throws a good light.

Ross

I put a couple of there Narva LED units in the tinnie Bucket They cost about $25.00 each from repco and each has 6 LEDS and an inbuilt switch in the lens, work awesome and draw next to no power.

Cheers

Geoff

they look awsome mate! will definantly go check them out

Have you tried a cap light?

Hi Claudia,

They are a great idea and I have been planning to get a set, however I still want to be able to light up the floor.

Domza, It is a Qunnie Hornet Trophy 445. So it is a side console with casting decks. It does have pretty wide gunnels, hence I think that would be the logical place to put them.

Squizzytaylor, That looks like an awesome light. I'm going to have a look to see what other lights they have.

Thanks for your replies guys.

Stephen

Hmm they look the goods and I myself am looking at something of that sort but are they salt water friendly. I know they don't cost the earth but I don't like fitting something that is going to corrode in a short time. Is the casing plastic?

Cheers

Hmm they look the goods and I myself am looking at something of that sort but are they salt water friendly. I know they don't cost the earth but I don't like fitting something that is going to corrode in a short time. Is the casing plastic?

Cheers

Casing is plastic and all electrics (other than power cables) are epoxy encased, screws are mild steel and will have to be relaced with stainless. Ive had mine for 3 months and so far-so good. Having said that Ive used Narva products for years and never had an issue. Irrespectively, they warrant all products for 12 months.

GT

Give ya local Jaycar Electronics store a ring and ask them about a 12v led strip.. Quite pricey at around $50 for a strip, although current draw is a max of 200mA. And the light output is extremely good. One on either side of the gunwale will do a great job. :)