Hawksbury Fishing

forever

hey guys,

after we where set to attend the jew social on saturday night,there was a change of plan as we had to attend a family gathering,so we decided to head out on friday .

there was jewnut,my brother and myself ,we get to the boat ramp around 2pm, where the wind was blowing atleast 20 knots at the boat ramp, not a great start.after deciding that nothing was going to stop us , we ventured out on our mission to land a jew.firstly we head out to our favourite kingy spot, in search for a feed , but as the swell and wind picked up, we decided to head back in to shelted grounds.we trolled around lion lisland and caught 2 tailor, beautiful , straight in the live bait tank they go.after trolling for about 10 mins, a school of salmon appeared in front of us, we grab the lures and start casting into them,the first cast lands us a salmon, approx.65cm.could not catch any more for some reason.we trolled around the head lands where we get a double hook up on kingys,both 55cm,spewing back in they go.we set the rods again ,start trolling and this time a triple hook up, as we where bring them in, there was at least 20 other rats swimming with them, it was amazing, but all under size.then the dolphins moved in , and within 5min the party was over,so we headed to west head to get yakkas.

we only managed to 4 yakkas ,1 live sqiud , 2 blackfish and a chopper tailor.it was time to start our mission, as the tide was out far from its peak.

we get to our spot, and out go the rods.

1-live squid

2-live yakka

3-1 blackfish[live]

4-1 butterfly tailor

5-1 live tailor

6-1 slab of salmon

it was now the waiting game.

after 2 hours of sitting there, the time had come when you hear zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,

as my brother starts to fight this fish, jewnut and myself clear the deck.10 mins later we get colour, and it wasnt a jew,it was a port jaskons shark, approx 120cm, it was massive.no photos as the camera was left at home.the tide was being to turn so we decided to move .

after spending all night on the , we managed to catch 2 flatties,2 kingys the following day, and no jews

Guest fishrunner

Good on ya for gettin out there :biggrin2:

Damn shame that PJ was masquerading as a jew though,,,,, sure it made you all jump :wacko:

cheers