Terrigal Boat Ramp

Big Bob

Guest Big-Banana

Hey Bob. Yeah fish out of Terrigal often so heres a few tips on the ramp.

The ramp is pretty sturdy and Ive seen cars other than 4wd's lauch without a problem. At low tide its a bit difficult because the ramp is pretty shallow but its still do able. On the high tide watch the deep hole directly next to the ramp its very deep. Be prepared to get wet launching and retrieving the boat, waders come handy here. Have a good one :thumbsup:

Fish in 30 m's I heard a few nice kings were taken there.

Very difficult to retrive in a NE or SW :naughty:

Ask any questions if you like :D

Edited by Big-Banana

Watch out for the giant stingrays at the ramp as well scared the life out of me one day when i was getting my boat out on high tide. Came right upthe ramp to pick up a piece of boat we through into the water. :confusuion: :confusuion: :(

Guest Big-Banana

Tyrone My boat is 7m and I dont find it a problem. LOL The stingrays are residential and very friendly. They are totally harmless champ. If you want flathead go direction south bout 100 m's and anchor in 55-60m of water over sand. We have caught flathead to 87cm there. If you want reef fish try to get your hand on some marks or just go directly NE around 3km and theres a big reef system. Anchor and fish for reddies, moey and kings. Terrigal is a really good spot for Stripies as well so if the seas allow have a troll with some skirted lures in pink usually works for me. :ohyeh:

Guest Big-Banana

Yeah Mine is as well. Weighs about 2 tonne. Its not really that bad. Those stingrays gave me a fright as well. Those little shitheads with spearguns piss me off. They killed a baby one last summer. Bit of a shame cause the kids love them

Guest Big-Banana

Another thing is depending on ya boat size you dont have to drive the car into the water. We never get the car wet unless its the lowest tide.

Yeh we saw a group of asians spear one. Nearly got in a fight with the bloke as I told him it had lived there for yrs. I was so angry could of hit the bloke. What sort of boat have you got big banana and do you live on the coast. Its a alright ramp at high tide though its a bitch getting it in and out with the tide just gone low and is coming up. You know the stingray stumpy that had lived there for 20 yrs or so that got speared as well.

Guest Big-Banana

Yeah last Summer a group of young boys around 15 speared a baby and a local yelled at him. They killed it and then it zapped them. But I have a Seatamer 7M.

post-13-1098182939_thumb.jpg