Anchoring Sideon

Big Bob

All,

I was watching a TV show on Fishing WA and they had a system that enabled you to put a rope on the front of the boat and then clip it to to main anchor which was tied off at the back.

This then made the anchor rope pull from the middle at one side so you could fish side on to structure.

I have tried at Bias boating to obtain one of these clips with no luck.

Has anyone heard or seen one of these devices.I would be interested in finding out the name of this and if anyone knows where I could obtaiin one.

And no I havent been drinking.

:1fishing1:

The setup you refer to is commonly called a swing, commonly used to make adjustments to your boats position as the winds makes small directional changes so you can stay on your position without re-anchoring.

I have a swing rope permanently attached to my bow of about 10' length with a longline spring clip on the end, I attach my anchor rope to this via the longline spring clip (no knots just clip and drop) I can then put the swing to any length I want on either side of the boat to get into the best position by placing the anchor rope in a cleat on the gunell or leaving it out to sit straight to the wind. Probably available at a good chandlery or ask a longliner for one.

Edited by Yoda