Squid Box Head

Guest DV8

The coves between Little Box and Box look pretty good as far as squid go (heaps of kelp and structure). Has anyone consistently caught squid there?

Cheers

Davo

Davo

All that coast line is almost identical to the Joey and West head and should be teeming with squid...note the should...never caught one there and never heard of consistant catches :(

Try a jig on a dropper while you chase yakka's etc..you never know.

Cheers

Chris

Guest Big-Banana

Ive never caught Slimeys close in, only seem to get yakkas? Any spots which produce Slimeys on a consistant basis?

Ive never caught Slimeys close in, only seem to get yakkas? Any spots which produce Slimeys on a consistant basis?

Thanks for all your replies.

To Anthony I have only caught slimeys there form time to time. The yakkas seem to be there on sunset every day (not sure about the mornings).

Cheers

Davo

just round little box head mate over the sand adjacent to the reef you will get slimies, but you normally have to burley hard for them, its great when they come on straight away.

Guest Big-Banana

They are real buggers to get, I used to get them in the deep reefs all the time but lost all my good marks. Ill try little box head next time. Cheers guys.

The coves between Little Box and Box look pretty good as far as squid go (heaps of kelp and structure). Has anyone consistently caught squid there?

Cheers

Davo

Adding to my earlier query i forgot to mention that the bloke i saw most succesful at catching squid was a bloke I met at Booker bay one night. he had more squis than you could possibly use in a decent Jewfish session and he caught them by slowly retrieving a fresh prawn and then simply netting them like you would for crabs. He had sworn off jigging years ago as he reckoned his method was more productive. i suppose the proof was in his bucket. I've never remembered to try it myself but it would be worth a go if the squid are timid, but then you need to find a fresh prawn as well.

Cheers

Davo