Christmas/nye

Gibbofisho

Hey Guy's,

My mates are planning a trip (with girlfriends/wives) down the coast this year, we usually go up but we thought we'd head down, my pre requisites are alway's going to be fishing, but the ladies will want something nice, so what towns have nice beaches for both fishing and swiming and a good headland for fishing and maybe even an inlet. I've already said no to batemens bay cause i've never caught fish there.

And where is every one else going?

Gday mate,

Culburra is a beautful place, beautiful beach, lighthouse and if you like the very quiet type of town.

Fishing- There are boat ramps there, to head out. Beaches: Culburra beach, Warrain Beach.

About hauling an esky onto the beach all night. I was staying in a cabin at a caravan park in Crookshaven (they have campsites there too, plus boat storage) and I could walk down to the beach with my gear and stay out all night and in the morning or when I was done, i could walk back to my cabin clean up and go to bed! just awesome.

There is a river system going into Greenwell Point (you can buy fresh oysters here), jetties, sand flats, oyster racks all fishable.

A short drive will get you around to Comerong Island, land based jew spot.

Driving distance to Beecroft Penisula, Point Perpendicular, the Tubes.

I think there is an offshore mountain, similar to Browns but cant remember the name. I heard some fishos heading out that way, setting off from Greenwell Point.

only 2.5hrs from sydney.

Cheers

Kantong

Edited by kantong

yeah the offshore mountain is called the banks, i've dived it before, awesome spot!

currarong is looking the goods, but does it have good land based fishing, i think we'll have a tinny down there but nothing that will take on the open ocean, also, i'm not too keen to take on the tubes, its a lot of work and i'm there to relax.

yea for relaxing purposes, beaches are the go.

For Currarong, fish the headlands. There is an island near the headland and fish near there is good. On the inside of the headlands, where Currarong is located I think its still fishable though, found this:

http://www.mpa.nsw.gov.au/jbmp/jbmp-overview-plan6.htm

Best to make sure with the local council.

I havent fished the beach before, looks good for whiting, bream and flatties though.

A tinny will be able to handle inside the headlands and maybe just the go for Curranrong!

Edited by kantong

Way ahead of you aron, yesterday i booked in at Seal rocks. Cant wait!

I believe there are going to be a number of raiders up in the great lakes / forster area for summer/christmas - we should all get together and have a bbq

I've often gone to Sussex Inlet. There is a nice town with clubs cinema supermarket etc and are plenty of caravan parks along the river where you leave your boat in the water. A tinny is perfect for the inlet and St Georges Basin. We usually stay at Alonga Cottages, although we have camped at Badgee Caravan Park. Both of these places have websites.

Hey mate, we're going to sawtooth rocks at camp treachery.

I have heard good reports about that place.

Hope that you have a good time.

Make sure to pick Browny who runs the place brain, hes a die hard fisho and spear fisher and he sent through some piccies recently of some good snapper and pearl perch he got not too far out.

Cheers

GT

I know browny, he's a freind of a friend, good bloke, he's got some top fish from around there!