A 'camo-nise' Morning Session

G'day raiders. After reading Mottyman's report and my college mate nzwarriors feeling the itch, we headed out for a morning session down at HC bay. Reached there with little winds which was pretty good. Tied on a SX48 and got snagged on the 2nd cast! :1badmood: Didn't wanna lose this lure and so had to pull out an inflatable from the car to save it. Not much drama and in quick time I paddled out to retrieve it. I was surprised to find out that it actually got snagged onto a thick leader (roughly a 15-20lb line) which still has a bass minnow (watermelon? colour too faded) and jighead attached! :wacko:

Rechecked my new fluoro (Yamatoyo Famell) and all's good. Kept on with the sx for only a few missed strikes. Got tired of it and changed to camo sandy. Couple of casts later got a half-hearted pull from a 41cm flattie.

post-283-1160541890_thumb.jpg

Next few casts resulted in a few hits and misses until at one point the 3" worm came back minus 2" :ranting2: . Since I was field testing the 8lb leader, might as well field test another 1/0 gama jighead which had been sitting in the tackle box growing mushrooms. This time round, I did a slow roll, and out of the sudden, the rod buckled and the kix went ballistic. Good fish I said and it made the 2nd sprint of around 5secs which really gave my kix a good workout. :thumbup: Another short burst near the bank and up came a handsome looking 35cm bream. :yahoo:

post-283-1160542310_thumb.jpg post-283-1160542318_thumb.jpg post-283-1160542324_thumb.jpg

Ah.. It's been quite awhile since my last bream fix. Kept going at the same spot and got another big run on the slow roll. At first I thought it would be its partner or something but as it surface, turns out to be a 43cm flattie. Good flattie I say, always happy to hook up a flattie that can run hardout. :biggrin2:

post-283-1160542739_thumb.jpg

Still persisting at the same spot, I got another nearby hook up of a 39cm flattie. It's good to know they are all of decent size at the bay.

post-283-1160542878_thumb.jpg

Without anymore touches at that firing spot, we moved down a little bit more. Did the same ol' and wrapped up the session with a 25cm bream. Seems like the 1/0 size is proving to be a good choice. :1prop:

post-283-1160542998_thumb.jpg

nzwarrior got a flattie too and thanks to him for taking some pictures. We met Jewhunter there and it's always great to bump onto a raider. By then, the wind picked up and we left to get to our work. A truly satisfied quick 'camo-nised' morning session. :biggrin2:

Cheers

Ronald

Top session there Ronald. It was good to bump into you again.

That's a nice looking bag of fish there mate. Good average size on the Flatties & bloody nice Bream. :thumbup:

I got there a bit late & only managed a couple of average Bream before the wind got too much.

Well done.

Cheers,

Grant.

Hey Ronald,

Glad to see you got into them on the sandworms - nice bream that 35cm model. :yahoo:

There's a few nice flatties in there as well - I only got the one of any size yesterday, all the rest were really little fellas.

A great report and nice picks mate.

Well done all round I'd say... :yahoo:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

David.

Just before, during & after a big tide Rob. Early morning or late afternoons obviously the best but any time after a decent rain with a tide of at least 1.4mtrs. Generally the bigger the tide the better.

Hope this helps mate.

Cheers,

Grant.

(Please give me a call if you need anymore info)

Thanks for the compliments guys. The tides were pretty high these few days during late morning and our session pans out pretty much the same as Motty's, that is, it began a slow start for us but turns out much better towards the end. Definitely must take advantage of these high tides, we seem to do alright when the opportunity came. Hope these helps. :)