Customs Got My Gulp

caine

got some gulp on ebay and as warned by the tackle shop guys it was held up in customs.

I have to prove to customs that it does not contain animal products and is safe.

I have heard a rumour that a letter from the manufacturer exist does any one have a copy.

I would appreciate it

Thanks caine

Crazy isn't it that you can walk into any store and buy the bloody things but try and save a quid and bring them in yourself and they jump all over you :tease:

I understand that the customs guys have a job to do but a little common sense, obviously no fisho's at customs.

Good luck

Edited by coollamon

Here's a link to a previous thread on this topic Caine. Best of luck with it.

I suppose the question to ask is, is it worth all the trouble with customs just to save a few bucks on plastics that you can buy, without any dramas, down at your local tacklo?

Shane

Looks like a lesson learned the hard way

May be worth a call to the seller ebay as well as I reckon the seller should have to declare to Australian buyers that customs may seize the goods, or at least mention it in negative feedback.

Iknow I'll just be buying them locally, probably why there more expensive to buy local they have to work the bribe money to customs into the retail price :1yikes:

Here's a link to a previous thread on this topic Caine. Best of luck with it.

I suppose the question to ask is, is it worth all the trouble with customs just to save a few bucks on plastics that you can buy, without any dramas, down at your local tacklo?

Shane

It's not a cost cutting exersize, I've often paid more for stuff I've imported. Certain lures just never hit our shores, especially in the berkley range. you often have a better colour selection as well as acess to discotinued stock that has thinned out locally.

I recently landed 10 packets of 7" berkley jerk shads (non-gulp) because they were never available here in Australia, and they came through without drama's. I've previously landed various discontinued gulps as well. It all depends on who you buy it from

If they're willing to write "plastic fishing lures" as an item discription instead of "powerbait sandworm baits" then your in with a shot.

Chris

Edited by Aero

not making much progress

purefishing australia emailed me to say "i should be supporting my local tackleshop"

no reply from berkley

the seller reckons he is not aware of the problem yet continues to market gulp to australians on ebay. Credit to the seller he responded to my email and said he will look into with berkley.

what a pain in the ass :thumbdown:

not making much progress

purefishing australia emailed me to say "i should be supporting my local tackleshop"

no reply from berkley

the seller reckons he is not aware of the problem yet continues to market gulp to australians on ebay. Credit to the seller he responded to my email and said he will look into with berkley.

what a pain in the ass :thumbdown:

Berkley and Purefishing are the same "company" here in Oz.

Purefishing are the distributors in Australia.

To me it's not worth the hassles anymore when it comes to importing SP's.

Good luck with sorting out your problem but you are in the same boat as many others unfortunately. :(

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

[Good point, nothin like some freebies from work is there]

i can get a refund if i get customs to send it back, but customs will charge $40 to do that.

i think there is bunch of custom guys flicking soft plastic off the 3rd runway in there lunch break

ok this is really giving me the shits.

I was not aware this could be a problem until after I made my innocent eBay purchase.

Now I am made to feel like a criminal by customs..... Cause im importing dangerous diseases that might destroy Australia as we know it.

Local tackle shops have the shits cause I have personally put them all out of business by buying 7 packets of gulp OS in patterns that they don’t even sell..........

I have got no love from the Australian distributors who say and I quote "support you local tackle shop"

No love from the eBay DH's who sold it to me. (Even after I informed them of my problems they still continue to market gulp to Australia) :thumbdown:

I HAVE SENT ABOUT 15 EMAILS WITH STUPID REPLIES

But worse of all NO ANSWER AT ALL FROM BERKLEY AMERICA

now I know these letters exist, as customs have kindly informed me that people have had gulp released before, but they couldn’t possibly give me mine even though its the same shit and its already sold in Australia.

"CAUSE WELL UM IT MIGHT BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!"

So I am asking ....does anyone on this forum have a letter to get me out of this mess.

FAILING THAT

ATTENTION TACKLE SHOP OWNERS WHO DEAL WITH THE FINE GENTLEMAN OF BERKLEY. IF YOU CAN OBTAIN A LETTER TO GET ME OUT OF THIS MESS I WILL SPEND $100 IN YOUR STORE. I WILL EVEN SPEND IT ENTIRELY ON GULP IF YOU DESIRE. I DON'T NEED A COPY OF THE LETTER YOU CAN FAX IT STRAIGHT TO CUSTOMS WHEN CUSTOMS CONFIRM THAT MY GOODS HAVE BEEN RELEASED VIA PHONE I WILL SPEND $100 IN YOUR STORE.

BECAUSE I CAN’T BE STUFFED ANYMORE. I AM NOT JOKING I THINK THIS IS A FAIR DEAL

THERE IS NO RISK TO YOU OR THE TACKLESHOP COMUNITY SO HOW BOUT IT, HELP A FELLOW FISHER OUT

SEND ME A PM

Edited by CaineS