Wheres My Bass !

FletcherG1991

went down to my little spot on Lane Cove at 6am this moring hopeing for a bass ..... started off using small surface lures (River 2 sea Cicadas) work the area very well with not even a look ..... switch to large surface lures as the day went on (tango dancers and zip n ziggy's) for nothing again ..... then went to spinnerbaits, then SP then decided i may aswell have some fun with the ever present carp ..... they where no where to be seen !! so nothing for the day :( if anyone has any info about the LCR bass and how to get them could you please PM me ..... an i was using surface SP (the river 2 sea jiggly cicada) but found that the wouldn't float even with just a single worm hook ..... any ideas ?

I've heard that bass are upstream of the weir, but you're not allowed to fish from the shore over there. So you'll need a kayak or equivalent. But I've never tried as I don't have any yak and power boats are not allowed. Isn't it a little bit early for the bass season ?

I know you know Fletcher, but for others who don't, bait fishing isn't allowed in the fresh section of the LCR.

Because it's catch and release, lures and fly are a safer option for the fish.

With the weather heating up, the Bass should be around. Just keep persisting. You'll get them soon.

i do bait fish occasionally but like to use lures alot more cause it is active fishing and when you learn how to use them right it is just as productive

how did you learn? you just get out there and do it, read books, dvds or learnt from a sensei :biggrin2:

whe's the next carp day?

how far upstreme are people catching bass? fiddens warf or further down? i know fiddens wharf is where land based fishing starts being permiitted.

do you guys fish on the fiddens wharf side of the LCR park road side? are there any good land based spots futher upstreme such as where de burg bridge is or is that too far upstreme? im a local and it would be great to ultilise a local river as long as it holds fish, i can access the fiddens wharf side easily, but doesnt seem to many many good spots from land. can you guys share some good spots?

thanks

when i fish fiddens warf there are 2 small areas that you can fish ..... little side area (although very small) you can still fish and leave the rest of your gear on the ground ..... i am going for a walk tommorow to have a look at a new place but will not be fishing as its to hot to carry all my gear with me ..... maybe i might wait till Sunday as there is an extreme fire danger

Edited by FletcherG1991

I haven't hired one from the boatshed for many years so I couldn't tell you what a hire costs. Hire is only available office hours anyway so it wouldn't help you much.

You can pick up a good quality 'minnow' 1 man kayak for around $400-500.00 bucks.( 2nd hand)

Cheers,

Grant.