Reds On Plastics

loomylover

Fletch,

When purchasing anything in this crazy mixed up world you can spend what you want to, or afford to, with price usually being proportional to quality and in the case of fishing gear this rule definitely applies. When cosidering an outfit for snapper on plastics I'd definitely be steering clear of the budget end and only considering mid to high end tackle. For a decent rod expect to pay $100 - $200 and for a reel $200 - $300. Stick to your larger well known brands cause the last thing you want is a mechanical problem when a "stop the bus" red hits your 5 inch jerk shad.

Where abouts are you located? Have you had much success with the ol' nobblies in your area?

Pirate (one eyed) Pete.

Fellas, ignore this man!! :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Too many :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile: when you posted that petey?

Gday loomylover,

mate sorry to be a pain. My missus and I are heading up there early January for a holiday. Offcoarse the boat is tagging along too hehe. Could you spare any advice on crossing the bar at the entrance to the hastings. Have fished the river when I was a kid but never been outside. I tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me send it through

Cheers mate

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Gday loomylover,

mate sorry to be a pain. My missus and I are heading up there early January for a holiday. Offcoarse the boat is tagging along too hehe. Could you spare any advice on crossing the bar at the entrance to the hastings. Have fished the river when I was a kid but never been outside. I tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me send it through

Cheers mate

Steve

G'day mate,

Sorry I missed this post!

We usually launch at the ramp in North Haven and go out through the camden haven river bar which isn't too bad. Have used the Hastings a couple of times also with no dramas. They aren't notoriously dangerous bars that some develop a reputation for so stick to your standard safe boating principles and you should be right mate.

If you would like to catch up for a fish when your up shoot me a PM before your up and we'll tee something up! :1fishing1: