Kingies In Botany Bay

MrGenius

Left Cooks River ramp at 545am and headed straight out to the heads of botany bay to see some birds working their way in. Killed the motor and threw out the plastics and straight away on to a good fish assumed it was a salmon until it went for a good run and i thought damn this is a big salmon if it is one.

After about 10 mins i finally got it back to the surface for the 3rd time and netted my first kingy on plastics just under legal size but hey on 6lb braid it went hard :1prop:

Next one i hooked i passed the rod to my mate to give him a go while i rigged up my other rod, we then had a triple hook up and all the boys got snapped off :074:

I chucked out my 10lb outfit and hooked into another one only to lose it at the boat after it straightened the bloody hook out :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

Landed one more on the 10lb outfit that was just on legal size but since i dont eat fish i tossed it back in, next go and straightened the hook out again.

The rest of the time i spent rigging my mates lines cause they are too retarded to tie a knot :1yikes:

I'll put the pics up when i get home :biggrin2:

sounds like fun

what bloody hooks were u using mate... i'd be cut!

I was using the Berkley jigheads and the 2 that straightened were from different packs so i dont think it was just a bad batch :mad3:

Heres one pic i got the rest are on my brothers camera, waiting for email to come thru.

post-1613-1160874357_thumb.jpg

I was using the Berkley jigheads and the 2 that straightened were from different packs so i dont think it was just a bad batch :mad3:

Heres one pic i got the rest are on my brothers camera, waiting for email to come thru.

post-1613-1160874357_thumb.jpg

that one looks like a salmon to me..did you catch both salmon and kingies?

If you were using the old berkley jig hooks that is really no surprise as the hooks they used were really soft, the new range where they have taken over Nitro jigs and are using owner hooks are fantastic!

impossible a hook would straighten with 10lb braid the drag pressure wouldn t be strong enough. to bend any hook staight

unless you were using paper masha hooks

nope i did id last weekend

10lb braid

shimano slade 2000 reel

sqidgey hooks

stuck in a tree and bent like a mother

fair dinkum.

i find it hard to believe thats all, but if you say so then i guess im not going to dis agree, i thought the 10lb line would break before a hook would straightn.

as you would only be fishing a max of 3kg of drag nothing should really give

nope i did id last weekend

10lb braid

shimano slade 2000 reel

sqidgey hooks

stuck in a tree and bent like a mother

i got a squidgy rig head stuck on a rock i was trying to snap the leader and the hook straightened !

i now stick to owner, tt, and nitro and havn't straightened a hook yet

Edited by FletcherG1991

fair dinkum.

i find it hard to believe thats all, but if you say so then i guess im not going to dis agree, i thought the 10lb line would break before a hook would straightn.

as you would only be fishing a max of 3kg of drag nothing should really give

Mate, as you may know, 10lb braid seems to break at significantly over 10lb. I've almost ripped branches down with 4lb if that's some indication. When you can bend some jigheads with your fingers, I don't find it hard to believe that 10lb could straighten the hook!

Flattieman.