Flathead Sp Rod

rodog

Just wanted to see if anyone could recommend a good threadline rod for SP with flathead. I have been using a shinamo squidy rod 7ft light (starlo range) which is great general purpose, but finding tip is a bit soft for whipping soft plastics and hookup not great.

Looking for something in $70-100 range - graphite around 7 foot - with a bit of stiffness in tip. I think there is a shinamo squidy rod in medium and heavy but hard to find anywhere in stock. bekley dropshot look Ok but again hard to find one which is not light action.

Thanks in advance

rohan

Edited by rodog

I'm not sure for that price range....I picked up a Pflueger 7ft soft plastic 2-5kg and love it. Retails at 200 but I bought mine for 100 and have seen them around for 125. very fast action and solid base (my brother just landed a 4kilo salmon on her last week) so gets a good hook up.

Gday mate the rod is a Pflueger Trion with High modulus graphite, i picked up mine from site sponsors ABA, for $95 on special, RRP is $199. Give ABA a call they may be able to do something for you.

Hey mate,

I use Shimamo Raider Bream Finnesse 7'2 one piece for all my flattie fishing. They are whippy enough when you need to use light weights ( which is rare for flatties ) but hey have enough grunt in the but to handle the bigger fish too. There are a few differences in the blanks within the same model rods with these thins so just make sure it feels right.

Priced between $120.00 and $150.00 mainly.

Last season Fishrunner was using his Raider Bream finnesse for sambos and kings......... they are more than enough rod for flatties! They cast quite well on the lighter jigs too which is a bonus. All up a nice rod and very good value for money.

Last season Fishrunner was using his Raider Bream finnesse for sambos and kings......... they are more than enough rod for flatties! They cast quite well on the lighter jigs too which is a bonus. All up a nice rod and very good value for money.

I'll back the Raider Bream Finesse. I use the 7'6 for all my bream and flattie sessions and it's done the job beautifully. :thumbup:

Shane