Fishing At Foster

Blood Knot

Hi raiders - Have got a week up at Mobys Beach resort on Boomerang Beach booked for early December. Has any one been up there and sampled the fishing.

The wife said "leave the boat at home" so would love to hear encouraging words from those who have been there re: landbased softy work or beach fishing.

Hope someone can help ?

John

Hi raiders - Have got a week up at Mobys Beach resort on Boomerang Beach booked for early December. Has any one been up there and sampled the fishing. John

Hi John

I live at Forster & don't fish that area too much (I prefer Seven Mile & the breakwall & lake at Forster - but then it is closer for me!), but a buddy does & he does very well whenever there! You will have Elizabeth & Shelly Beaches on your left & Blueys Beach on your right - so, along with Boomerang, you should have no problems getting into good fish. Further along towards Forster is 7 Mile - full of worms & good giutters & an excellent rock platform at the northern end (Janeys corner). Obviously the rocks at either end of each beach should be productive for bream, blackfish, jewies, & drummer, whilst the actual beaches should be full of bream, whiting, somw flatties & the odd jewie (they love beach worms.) Take care when on the rocks - most are pretty good, easy climb rocks - our nor-easter wind would make the northern end the less 'washy' & have the wind on your back. You can even go to the lake & scoop prawns for food or bait!

There is weed & cabbage around the area if you are into blackfish. So take some light gear as well as your beach rig & have fun! You won't need the boat at all!

Cheers

Roberta

Roberta -

Thanks for the reply and sharing some local info :thumbup: , sounds like there is something up there for all tastes. Now salivating at the thought of gutters and Jewfish. Hope I can get a few for the table as I dont think there are too many restaurants close to our accomodation.

Cheers :beersmile:

John

Hi John

i was at the breakwall yesterday pm for blackies & one of the top blackie/jewie guys was returning with a 15-18kg jewie slung over his shoulder! He uses big soft plastics & has regular success!

my buddy caught his jewie on Elizabeth Beach whilst targetting bream & whiting on live worms! More chance of getting it in on the beach than on the rocks when using lighter tackle!

Good luck - give us a yahoo when you get here, we can discuss tactics.

cheers

Roberta

That's some very good info you've given Roberta. :thumbup:

Shelly Beach is a very nice spot to fish for Jew at night. :biggrin2: Take the first entrance to the beach & fish 100mtrs from the rocks on your left. Squid can be caught from those rocks as well. It fishes very well in a big southerly.

Just in front of Tiona tourist park is very good for worms. Even someone as hopeless as me can get them. :1yikes: There is usually a good gutter or two there as well.

Janies corner is another top Jew spot as is the breakwall.

Good luck. It's a great place.

Cheers,

Grant.